Colonization bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization bug?

OK, in MOO2, whenever you sent a colony ship to a system, it automatically prompts the option to colonize a planet upon arrival.

Not so it seems in MOO3. When I send my task force to a new system, no prompt. No apparent command available to colonize from that point. The only way I can figure out how to do it is through the Planet tab, by selecting the system and ordering a colony ship to be sent.

Am I just being a dumb noob here? Shouldn't I just be able to manually direct a colony task force to a system, and from there, order the ship to land on the appropriate planet?

I have tried this with both the Colony setting in the Empire tab turned on and off.
    "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Safu the thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains - the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

- Piter De Vries, twisted Mentat

If you have a colony ship at the system you want to
    colonize already, then what you need to do is go
    into the system screen, click the planet you want,
    clock on the forces tab, click the TF for the colony ship,
    and hit the colonize button at the bottom of the forces
    menu.

Comment

Many thanks. I knew it was an ID10T error.
      "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Safu the thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains - the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Comment

Alternatively, you can click on the planet to be colonized before the colony ship is built, and click the 'send colony' button. That way, a colony ship will be sent automatically when it's available. This is faster (less layover time in orbit), but it can get problematic with the AI on occassion.
        The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

im having a problem where I select build colony on planets and the ai send like 12 colony ships to that ONE planet while there are several other planets waiting for colony ships. That is a real pain in the ass to fix. Not sure wtf that is about

Comment

Originally posted by Killazer
            im having a problem where I select build colony on planets and the ai send like 12 colony ships to that ONE planet while there are several other planets waiting for colony ships. That is a real pain in the ass to fix. Not sure wtf that is about
            Not sure how to fix that either yet. You can click on the ship and give it new instructions, but I don't know how to send them out more efficiently.

I find that the colonize ai is fairly efficient, though it will send colonies beyond my defensive lines in all directions, which is incredibly annoying.

Comment

I ran into something bizarre. I was checking out a planet and clicked on create colony. Then I changed my mind and cancelled that so I could send the colony ship there first. Couldn't find the ship so I went back and clicked on create colony again on the same planet. The ship arrives on schedule and colonizes the planet. I select the planet only to find not one but two pop points on it. I definitely did not have more than one colony ship built at a time. Sounds like a colonization bug to me. I'll see if I can duplicate it before I pass judgement on it.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Are colony ships destroyed after colonizing a new planet (like in MOO2), or can you go back and pick up more settlers from your home planet?

If so, how is this done?
                Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

nope, they disappear when the colony is made.

Comment

Originally posted by canamrock
                    Alternatively, you can click on the planet to be colonized before the colony ship is built, and click the 'send colony' button. That way, a colony ship will be sent automatically when it's available. This is faster (less layover time in orbit), but it can get problematic with the AI on occassion.
                    I too am annoyed with how the AI will handle colony orders. Though the method is great in principle: directing all colonization of new systems from a single menu (Planet tab). Recently, I discovered three nice systems close to my homeworld (one was a Sweet Spot) and had the AI begin building three colony TFs. Then I waited. And waited, and then waited some more. The AI was taking its sweet a** time and didn't seem to put a rush on things.

The imperial hand had to descend into the respective military build qeues and get things moving. I wish there was a way to punish lazy viceroys.

Comment

Working...
                    X