Great Job QS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Job QS

To anyone who remembers any of my negative posts leading up to the release, especially QS and IG people....I wholeheartedly take back everything I said. You have put out a remarkable game that I swore I wouldn't buy, but now can not detach myself from.

I hope that players who have intitial difficulties stick with it. This game has taken a great leap forward that no other game has in the last two or three years. It is, as we all prayed for at one time or another, NOT DUMBED DOWN. So many years in the making, with so much effort put into it by so many people, fans and developers alike, and then to pay fifty dollars for it only to give up within a week is weak....DON"T BE WEAK.

Be strong for your empire and yourself, and so that games continue to get smarter, and better. I recall buying MOO3 when I was younger (was it 5/6 years ago that it came out?). I'm sure many were in the same boat back then, trying to figure out what the hell was going on, what everything meant. Just stick with it, and you'll find this game to be 50 times more immersive, more fun, etc... ITS FANTABULOUSO!!!

Quixote

In my first game I didn't really have a lot of the problems everyone else seems to, (excepting a few bugs). And I haven't felt totally like george jetson (his job was to push a single button all day) either. I had some fun, but there are pletny of little things that should have been done better, imo.

The game is also obviously still a little rough around the edges. if it is still like this now, I would have hated to see what it was like in november.

I haven't got to the meat of a game yet (not a lot of time to play so far), but I still have high hopes.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Game definitely was frustrating at first but now that I have the basic mechanics figured out -- i'm happy.

yes, there are a few minor gripes but overall they did a nice job pulling off a game of this depth and scope.

Got that "just one more turn" feeling until very late last night... my work productivity is suffering... hope my boss doesn't turn up the oppressometer on me.. (doh! MOO3 geek joke)

Comment

@DKH: Glad to see you finally have the game for which you've been waiting so long. I remember checking into this forum back in November and I thought you were going to have a breakdown just from the waiting!

And you're enjoying it, too....
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

of all the people I expected to complain about the game, you were at the top of the list, well, except for jimmytrick maybe.

I recall buying MOO3 when I was younger
          3 days younger?

Comment

Re: Great Job QS

Originally posted by Don K Hotay
            To anyone who remembers any of my negative posts leading up to the release, especially QS and IG people....I wholeheartedly take back everything I said. You have put out a remarkable game that I swore I wouldn't buy, but now can not detach myself from.
            Don, coming from you, that's high praise indeed. Between the IG delay of shipping it for a month, and now THIS, I don't know if my heart can take much more!
            Rantz Hoseley
            Art Director
            Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Re: Re: Great Job QS

Originally posted by Rantz

Don, coming from you, that's high praise indeed. Between the IG delay of shipping it for a month, and now THIS, I don't know if my heart can take much more!
              how about using some of that good sales money to get a heart transplant? We need you around for the patches, a possible x-pack and maybe even M004

Don't die on us!

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                of all the people I expected to complain about the game, you were at the top of the list, well, except for jimmytrick maybe.

3 days younger?
                MOO2 obviously... But really, most games are far too straight forward and easy to get a handle of these days. The learning curve is steep for most people playing MOO3 right now because there really hasn't been one to conquer in most games that have come out for the last few years. We've been spoon fed, and I think its time we stopped crawling around and instead learned how to walk.

Quixote

Comment

I had massive problems at first playing the game (where the hell is the Obsolete?!?) but I get a little better each time I play. I really like the way the races played out in particular. I could pick up the Psilons, for example, in the previous games and turn them into Production dervishes but in this game they truly excel at research. I guess I'm trying to say that each race really plays with its own strategy and I'm looking forward to trying each. This one's a keeper.

Comment

Agreed, and so I'm not gonna go anywhere near race customizing for another few weeks, or months. The AI depending on the race really does have great strategy skills.

On another note, reserves and mobilization centers, what a combo! Waging war is so much more fun. You figure out where the enemy is lacking, and you try your best to design and assign a task force that takes full advantage of them.

Its so much fun controlling space battles, spinning the space grade up down and left to right, getting the view of the action just right, trying your hardest to protect those precious troop ships without which the assault you've just made on the enemy's homeworld is pointless! I could tell so many stories about the ****e thats gone down in just one of my games.

I'm wasting precious MOOtime here....

Quixote

Comment

Working...
                    X