What do we think of MoO3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we think of MoO3?

how about an option for those who haven't played yet?
    It's horrible!!! I hate it!!! :rant: :mad:
    6.61%
    It's pretty bad, a pathetic excuse for a game. :angry:
    19.01%
    It's not that bad...but its not that good either :heartbre:
    19.83%
    It's ok. Pretty averege though :)
    9.92%
    It's somewhat above averege. :D
    18.18%
    It's one of the greatest games EVER! :Party:
    22.31%
    It's the greatest game of all time!!!! :love: :D :lol: :)
    4.13%

Everything you need to know about the game is in the reviews that have been released.

If after you read TChick's and Avault's review, and you say that you don't mind the things they mentioned, you'll have a blast.

Comment

Its pretty hard to choose "greatest game ever" after only 3 days playing it, but it is good.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

how about an option for those who haven't played yet?
        How about they wait with their vote until they do have an opinion?

Comment

i barely played, but I know that this is one strategy game that I'll keep for a long time

Comment

Hm, seems like the initial reaction, after the desperation caused by the overload of info, is being positive after all...
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
              Hm, seems like the initial reaction, after the desperation caused by the overload of info, is being positive after all...
              the overload of info is good

Comment

Originally posted by darcy

How about they wait with their vote until they do have an opinion?
                that could be a long while

Comment

Before you spam me, I voted second from best....

I like this game. I think that some things could have been done better. Diplomicy is a pain, and from what I can see I don't have enough info provided to do it well. Also, I think the menues could be better... organized? But overall it appear to be an excelent game.
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I need more playing time to make a choice, so bump it again in a week. Else add another choice, that goes something like "just starting, but have hopes".

Comment

I think it's terrible.

Amateurish, boring, poorly documented, incredibly bad UI, mystical AI.

I feel like I'm wrestling with the AI to play my own damn game.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My first impressions are poor but I think its way too early to vote. I'm still willing to give it a chance before I cast my vote.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

what are tchicks and avault reviews? What are the site urls?

Comment

I'm sorry to say this, but the reviewer who said that MOO3 is designed to let the intelligent computer do all the work while the stupid human doesn't know what going on and just clicks turn button was right. It's extremely difficult for the human to discover basic information and act upon it. AI however, knows exactly what's going on acts upon it generally quite well. Most of the normal elements of information presentation (e.g., no colony table with alterable build queues, diplomacy that is so confusing as to be almost useless) and gameplay (save doesn't work properly, real-time combat that's half over before one know what's going on, no method of pausing the game to do something else, a warning not to use basic windows functions hidden away in the readme) are either missing or poorly implemented. It seems that QS spent all of their energy on developing a complex, AI-controlled world and very little on assisting the human's interaction with this world. Documentation is almost non-existent and many basic bugs slipped through the testing phase.

MOO3 had a small pool of elite beta testers. It seems the beta testers climbed the vertical learning cliff, then didn't need the non-existent documentation and knew how to work around the bugs. Now many who bought the game feel like they are forced to be beta testers and are hoping that GQ will fix deciencies in a patch.
                            dadacp@gmx.net

Comment

I think the game is really great.

The worst part of it however is the documentation.
                              Really mportant parts are missing or hidden in the readme.txt instead of the Manual where they actually belong to (for example the Planet Specials).
                              I hope the revised Manual which the Developers intend place on their website will be a step forward.
                              Also the In-Game Documentation and Encyclopedia ist really uninformative. One thing I liked in MOO2 was to get Inforamtions by right-clicking on an Object.
                              In MOO3 I have to guess what you can do with certain Objects, because they aren´t mentioned in the manual or the encyclopedia.
                              Especially annoying in the Ship-Creation-Menu where you first have to open the Tech-Menu to find Informations about several Weapons or Ship-Systems and often have to search hundrets of entrys and often even several schools of science before you find what you´re looking for (it isn´t always clear to which field of study certain Weapons or other Objects belong)
                              Or one thing completely missing is to see further details of Ships in enemy Fleets as it was possible in MOO2 (at least in an After Action Report after battle).
                              But maybe the Developers had the opinion that you as a Commander of a real Spacefleet wouldn´t get to know such details, because the enemy would jam your Sensors so that you would know where the enemy is, but not the exact blueprints of his ships.

But aside from those points of criticism I think it is a truely great game.
                              I even found the AI-Viceroys useful enough to manage my Planets most of the time (although I often put my own DEAs into certain Secors of the Planet and regularly alter the military Building-Queue), and I am one of those People who truely liked the Micromanagement of MOO2.

I just hope they get to issue a patch which expands the Encyclopedia (at least the Planet Specials should be added) of the game and maybe adds a little Quick-Help like in MOO2 (right-clicking on an object and getting further Informations about the Object)
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X