Are Ithkul Multi-Racial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Ithkul Multi-Racial?

My impression of Ithkul is that they were somewhat humanoid as seen in the race picture and the opening movie. However, in my first game, I got a Harvester leader (+10% research, +2% maintenance) who looked more like an assimated Etherial (An Imsaesis, I think). If that is correct then can there be Ithkul versions of any race? And are Meklar-Ithkul even possible? Has anyone seen any other odd Harvesters?
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

havent seen it, but having read most of the manual (after having my brain explode my first game), i know the harvesters were created to destroy / make docile all other races in the galaxy. in the intro movie you see one taking over a human, but they can take over anyone according to the manual.

but again, haven't seen it.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

No. The Ikthul are a Harvester parasite merged with a Human. Read the last part of the history, where it tells of how Minax developed the Ikthul by releasing them on a Human outpost (page 118.)

Comment

They're supposed to be primarily humans, but I had a leader that was supposedly an Antarrean who was infested. Now, the big thing to note is that the humans are probably mutated enough to work with the Harvesters better. That said, it should be possible to imagine the Harvesters as reengineering all the races to work with their biological systems better. This mutation process will negate most benefits of posessing other races, however.
        The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
          No. The Ikthul are a Harvester parasite merged with a Human. Read the last part of the history, where it tells of how Minax developed the Ikthul by releasing them on a Human outpost (page 118.)
          That may be how they got started but its also well documented that they find other races tasty but have a racially ingrained preference for New Orions.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

lol

Doesn't anyone find it funny that trivial backstory tidbits like this are so well-documented in the manual, but the real game isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by darcy
              lol

Doesn't anyone find it funny that trivial backstory tidbits like this are so well-documented in the manual, but the real game isn't?
              Amen

Comment

Its only trivial if you don't care what the story behind the game is. Some people would be happy if we had race 1,2,3,4,5 and stars A,B,C,D,E but others really like having a plot.

The Harvester Zeta project is a parasite capable of infesting all sentient races. Minax unleashed them on a human outpost intending that they spread and wreak vengeance on the traitorous New Orions and all other rogue species in the Orion sector while she prepares an army (a different strain of harvesters or something else?) to support the "true" Antarrans.

These unleashed Harvesters developed independent sentience from possessing their human hosts and have renamed themselves the Ithkul. Their objectives and priorities are now separate from those of Minax or any other Antarrans but that doesn't stop them from wanting to feed on everything in the Orion sector....
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

I am curious if we also get to see a Harvester with a Silicoid as Host.

As it says all sentient races it would be logical to assume that the Silicoids can also be infested.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Silicoid host...I don't think everyone thought of that. Kinda hard for their little piercing things...(what they use to secure host) to bust through a silicon rock. But ehh...lol
                    Veni, vidi, vici.
                    [I came, I saw, I conquered].
                    -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

Minax appears to be hanging around. I think I ended up with her as a potential leader. (Said "Thank you for applying, we'll keep your resume in our files for the next twenty cycles.")
                      |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
                      | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

Yeah, I got Loknar as a leader -- 20% research BONUS. Damn

Also, how does one take screen shots? I still am working on all the hotkeys...cause some just are not listed.
                        Veni, vidi, vici.
                        [I came, I saw, I conquered].
                        -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

Working...
                        X