Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the greatest problems the US faces right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the greatest problems the US faces right now?

I think this will make for an interesting poll.

Note: I know that Iraq, North Korea, and Al Qaeda are all bigger problems than say, the Economy. However, foreign policy and domestic issues are seperate problems, so you should not compare them.

After making the poll I just realized how many problems we have.
    Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations not affiliated with a single country
    8.31%
    Iraq
    2.87%
    North Korea
    5.73%
    Iran
    2.01%
    Tension between Pakistan and India
    3.15%
    Violence in Israel and Palestine
    5.44%
    Rift growing between US and its traditional allies
    9.74%
    Anti-US sentiment in other parts of the world (eg SK, Arab countries)
    8.60%
    Law enforcement encroaching on civil liberties
    9.74%
    Health care
    8.02%
    Economy
    9.46%
    Failing Public School system
    10.03%
    Bad organization of Department of HS, FBI, INS, CIA, and Justice Department
    4.30%
    As many racists as minorities in Congress
    5.44%
    Other Civil Rights issues
    5.16%
    Bananas
    2.01%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

al Qaeda and a severe over supply of bananas.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My votes (if I were able to actually vote on polls and not get that "invalid session" bull****)
      Al Qaeda
      Iraq
      Anti-US sentiment in other countries
      Public Schools
      Bad organization of INS and co
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

gutless liberals.

I still can't imagine where we would be if Gore was president. We would have sent a few cruise missles over after 9/11 and called it a day.

and the school system. Pumping money into schools doesn't magically make them better

Comment

WRONG!

The correct answer is 'lack of patrolling our borders'.

Comment

Too many to list, most of them have their roots in capitalism, however.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

IMVHO:

1 - Failing Public School system
              2 - North Korea
              3 - Anti-US sentiment in other parts of the world (eg SK, Arab countries)
              4 - Rift growing between US and its traditional allies
              5 - Law enforcement encroaching on civil liberties
              6 - Economy
              7 - Iran
              8 - Tension between Pakistan and India
              9 - Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations not affiliated with a single country
              10 - Health care
              11 - Iraq
              12 - As many racists as minorities in Congress
              13 - Violence in Israel and Palestine
              14 - Bad organization of Department of HS, FBI, INS, CIA, and Justice Department
              15 - Other Civil Rights issues
              16 - Lack of bananas after the year 2020.

Voted for the five first ones.

Comment

Note: I know that Iraq, North Korea, and Al Qaeda are all bigger problems than say, the Economy. However, foreign policy and domestic issues are seperate problems, so you should not compare them.
                Actually, I think the domestic problems earn a larger priority than the foreign ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  gutless liberals.

I still can't imagine where we would be if Gore was president. We would have sent a few cruise missles over after 9/11 and called it a day.
                  Ya beat me to it
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The Bush administration is the biggest problem.

Comment

Technically the greatest long term problem for the USA is the possibility of the western half of the Canary Islands collapsing. Such an event would create a tsunami so large that the entire east coast of the USA, from Florida to Maine, would be wiped from the face of the Earth with destruction stretching dozens, if not hundreds, of kilometres inland.
                      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I love how people claim to know what a Democrat president would have done after September 11.

If you people have invented a fortune-telling machine then you should speak up.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Why would they tell you if they invented a fortune-telling machine? What's in it for them?
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

1. **** Cheney and his wonder-puppet, Dubya.
                            2. Karl Rove
                            3. Donald Rumsfeld

If the three above weren't there, about half of the problems on the list wouldn't be there.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              Why would they tell you if they invented a fortune-telling machine? What's in it for them?
                              People who can't tell the difference between the reaction to an attack on a military target outside the US that kills 17 people and the probable reaction to a civilian target(s) inside the US that kills 3000 people are unlikely to have the cognitive capacity to have done so anyway.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X