Firaxis next game a console game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis next game a console game?

Firaxis is hireing. They are looking for a "3D Programmer Guru". Under the requirements it says, "Thorough knowledge of PC hardware (console knowledge helpful) and DirectX"

You can see this at:

I just thought it is odd that they would hire someone and say that console knowledge will be helpfull, and they are not making a console game. Unless it will also be released on multiple platforms.

Well... which specific knowledge people working on consoles have that may be useful? Then we'll have a hint on what's coming next
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Hmm, strange. Firaxis' style of games doesn't work well on consoles, so I wouldn't have thought they would try to break into that market.......unless they plan a radical break.

Comment

So in the decade since this thread was posted in, we've had Civ Revolutions and XCOM. One bust, one success. Civ won't be going there again.

Comment

Not sure that I'd say CivRev was a bust. Sold around 2MM on all consoles, plus significant sales on iOS. It wasn't a big success certainly, but it probably broke even.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X