RoN contest sore loser thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoN contest sore loser thread

Argh, that RoN contest was the worst thing ever. You know that the only people who won were the stupid script kiddies who will never play it anyway and we true fans are left out in the cold. I'm boycotting BHG forever!

Okay, your turn!
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Exactly. Especially that one statement by this guy on the RoN Heaven boards saying something along the lines of "I accidentally stumble upon the sign-up" and "I forgot about the competition after I entered"... That just plain killed me.

Oh well, life's not fair, I guess. Then again, there is still five copies to be had from 'Poly.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Man why cant I ever win a damn contest!!!!
      I can never win any beta, it is always someone else who wins, for once cant I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

No use being mad, I don't think. And why do you not want to buy the game if you didn't win the beta? For me it's been much different - I have bought none of the games I participated in betas for, because I'd spent so much time hunting for the bugs, that by the time the game came out, I had no desire to see it again... Hell, the few Sierra games that were sent to me for free after the beta - I didn't even open the box.

So, the good side is: we will get to enjoy only the perfect, bugless game, as opposed to crashing, buggy, pre-release version to spoil the fun. So, to those of you winners, I say: I expect a bug-free game upon release. Every bug I see will be due to the lack of your input.

And to those of you winners, who aren't going to try to contribute to the improvement of the game, and just signed up to "get the game early," to you I give a big thumbs down. Remember this when the thing crashes, and don't curse BHG or Microsoft - curse yourself.

That's about it.

Drink, and be merry. We've got only two months of wait any way. (And for those not old enough to drink... Errr, well, go read some reviews. )
        Spore page

Comment

Hm, I never had much hope anyway. But vovansim is right: we will enjoy the perfect and bugless game in the end. Imagine one of the winners playing the beta, trying to access some advanced option and the game telling them "this is an advanced option that will only be available with the final release".

Nah, I hope they have some fun.

But I really hope that RONs_TheSimss (or whatever his name was) have won a copy, otherwise we will have to put up with a lot of whining around here...
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hey its not that big of deal. Everyone knew that these beta games are a joke. People with only a passing interest put their name into a hat and they tend to win. Only then do they even find out what the game is really about. Did I want a copy? Sure. Did I expect one when there was my guess into six figures of people participating? No. Just remember you are no better no worse than just a couple days ago. So, don't worry about it and in a couple weeks we will get the full version in all its glory.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
              But I really hope that RONs_TheSimss (or whatever his name was) have won a copy, otherwise we will have to put up with a lot of whining around here...
              Hehe, That's exactly what I thought, too, while staring at my empty inbox.

Seriously though, have you seen the guy over at RoNC, who won two copies of the beta? One from RoNC, one from MS. That was pretty funny, I think.
              Spore page

Comment

Baah!!!! When I tried to register the Microsoft.com key they sent me never registered. I copied and pasted it and every time it said "your key is incorrect". I conatacted Microsoft and they sent me a new key after (of course with my luck) the registration was over.

Ah well Just as well maybe I'll get in WC3 frozen throne beta. Not likely as I've said I'm out of luck when it comes to getting in beta's

Luck to all
                In the word's of puccin's famous Tenor Aria. "VIN CERO" "I WILL CONQUER"/"I CONQUER"

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim

Seriously though, have you seen the guy over at RoNC, who won two copies of the beta? One from RoNC, one from MS. That was pretty funny, I think.
                  TWO copies?

Quickly, give me his email!
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Never fear! I shall pave the way for a better RoN with my time tested beta testing skills! I was a tester on Empire Earth, and see how great a game that was?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                      TWO copies?

Quickly, give me his email!
                      Erm... I don't think he'll share. He already has "someone special to give that copy to." (Then again, he is probably just teasing everyone else. )
                      Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                        Never fear! I shall pave the way for a better RoN with my time tested beta testing skills! I was a tester on Empire Earth, and see how great a game that was?

How encouraging.

Spore page

Comment

Yep. Have a good time playing, everyone who won.

*contemplates torturing himself to death, but thinks of what the world will turn into with hime gone, and puts the egg beaters away*
                          "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka
                          Proud Member of http://www.axisofjustice.org
                          Peace, Love, and =waffles=

Comment

Actually, I asked BHG for a beta copy. They said they would have given me one if I'd asked earlier. Doh! They said all useful beta is long over.
                            Seemingly Benign
                            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                              They said all useful beta is long over.
                              Now look what you've done! All my preaching about the beta-testers having to work hard to find the bugs, and seeing so many problems they would be ready to throw up, etc, etc, somewhere around here - it is all for naught - now we know that this "beta" is not really what a beta is supposed to be (i.e. bug-hunting), but a mere publicity stunt to raise the hype about the game. (Which I also said around here some time ago, BTW. )

Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X