Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

(sigh) Can't wait for MOO3's release so you guys can find out what kind of experience it gives...

... but also to play multi.

One thing about MOO3 etiquette that I've been forced to do:

Always say "End Turn" in the chat box. When everyone says End Turn, THEN end your turn. You'll see what I mean when you play.

can MoO3 run on window mode, or background? it so, ICQ can be used to maintain chat right?

on LAN partys, chat could be relayed through WinPopup, or LanTalk (tm) I think that's the name of the proggie...

Comment

bah set timelimit to 1 minute and noone will end his turn at his will ;=)
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Is it possible to be wild and verspielt? I was meaning to ask.

Jonah, you are such an evil tease. Really you are. If I ever get the chance, you're dead in multi

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Re: MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

Originally posted by JonahFalcon
          Always say "End Turn" in the chat box. When everyone says End Turn, THEN end your turn. You'll see what I mean when you play.
          Because "someone" forgot to allow people to chat after they've ended their turn?

Comment

Re: Re: MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

Originally posted by Cedayon
            Because "someone" forgot to allow people to chat after they've ended their turn?
            lol That woud SUCK.

Comment

lol

in moo2 the only reason you can ever chat (2 player) is because of the lag between turns.

Of course there are also diplomatic channels, but that really doesn't count as game chat.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                lol That woud SUCK.
                I think it's the case too... not a problem if you never click "End Turn" and just wait for the timer (or everyone to be done), though.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: MOO3 multiplayer (and MOO3 MP etiquette)

Originally posted by Cedayon
                  I think it's the case too... not a problem if you never click "End Turn" and just wait for the timer (or everyone to be done), though.
                  Patch!!

Comment

One thing to remember is that in games with a timer, hitting the turn button before time runs out is GOOD. It means you get more interest on your money. If no timer the interest rates are fixed though. But the BTs all say it is stupidity to play MP without the timer on.

Comment

So in essence, with the timer on, MoO3 is an RTS.

Comment

Well since the AI can run planets better than any of us can--- And can fight tactical battles better than we can---And can auto colonize..

Not like we'll need much time for turns. Just need to tweak a few sliders, do some diplomacy, design ships and move them to find all the starlanes.

-P

Comment

Being limited to a few minutes per turn hardly makes it a RTS game.

I haven't played it yet but a minute probably isn't enough time for ship design but 3 minute turns would probably be adequate to get done what you need. Turn times don't include battle time, the actual RTS portion of the game.

Can any BT who has played the game confirm or deny this?

Comment

No, it's more like Speed-Chess

Comment

It means you get more interest on your money
                              I thought that was out?
                              Last edited by Main_Brain; February 21, 2003, 10:19.
                              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                              X