Nigerian spam mail leads to assassination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigerian spam mail leads to assassination

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This is both sad and funny at the same time.

Diplomat shot dead in Prague

Czech police have launched a major investigation after a senior diplomat was shot dead at the Nigerian embassy in the capital, Prague.
    The dead man has been named as 50-year-old Michael Lekara Wayid, Nigeria's consul in the Czech Republic.

Polcie say they have arrested a 72-year-old Czech man.

According to unconfirmed reports, the man is suspected of opening fire because he was the victim of a financial swindle by a Nigerian group.

He is said to have been persuaded to give his bank details to someone posing as a senior Nigerian official.

In recent years, Nigerian-based organisations have been suspected of operating fraudulent schemes in several countries, promising large returns on financial transactions.

This may just lead to more spam, though:

I REPRESENT WIFE OF LATE NIGERIAN DIPLOMAT...

Oh man ...
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

How can one fall for such scam? Like the e-mail is the most reliable source of information in the world...
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

You will be surpised what people will fall for.

"This spray stops the Y2K bug. Real cheap at $500."

Both sad and funny at the same time.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'm not surprised. In fact, I am surprised this didn't happen earlier. I am certain there are lots of scammed people around who are really pissed off.

Comment

bloodthirsty czechs
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

why is this an assasination and not a murder?

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Made the rounds a while back. One mans take. Long but interesting and funny to an extent.

Comment

Working...
                X