Official: Hurry the Ascetic Virtues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: Hurry the Ascetic Virtues?

GeneralTacticus, governor of Centralis, has in the last turnchat mentioned his desire to rush the Ascetic Virtues after we have discovered Planetary Economics. This because Morgan is only three turns away from building it for himself. There is no way to complete the project without rushing. So if we want that SP, our only opportunity is to hurry it next turn.
    Now my question to all citizens is: do you want to rush the AV, and how?
    Options are:
    Rush it purely with energy credits. (cost: 800 ec)
    Rush it with energy credits after the two available crawlers are cashed in. (cost: 600 ec)
    Don't rush it. Let Morgan have it. (cost: 0 ec)
    Rush it with cash alone. (around 800 ec)
    63.64%
    Rush it with crawlers and cash. (2 crawlers and around 600 ec)
    22.73%
    Don't rush it. Let Morgan have it. (0 ec)
    9.09%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Abstain
    4.55%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Is this meant to be a multiple choice poll?

edit- I also think those estimates are a tad conservative, since the AV is a 300 min project. The estimates are probably good enough though, if the rushes are done with no overrun.
    Last edited by Cedayon; February 12, 2003, 14:15.

Comment

Err... no. But I hope I can trust people to vote only on a single option, so I won't have to declare this poll invalid.

Comment

Ah yes, I calculated those rush costs with zero overrun. Since New Apolyton is producing about 25 minerals, this should mean 25x4=100 less than a full rush.

Comment

Oh, 4 is the multiplier for a SP past 10 mins? I thought it was 3.

Will the "Yes, full ec rush" option count for the "Yes, with 2 crawlers" if neither has 50%+1 votes but are obviously beating "No" if put together?

Comment

Yes I think that would be most fair.
            (Why do I suddenly get the feeling no one will vote for the second option... )

Comment

k, voted rush with cash alone... we're swimming in ecs, this is important, and those crawlers would take time to replace...

Just to let everyone know, this SP will mean that each base can hold 2 more pop units (ie all those 9s can become 11s, even without hab complexes) and the +1 police will mean our military-units-out-of-territory will only cause 1 drone each rather than 2. That's worth 800-900 ecs, considering we've got over 3500, right?

Comment

correct. rush it with cash.

Comment

virtue is discipline! rush the ascetic virtues! (with cash alone)
                  My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Agreed. Rush with cash. Though next time, it would be better if instead of just building the project like this, we continuously build crawlers and used cash to rush those as necessary (Say, when there'd be a greater than 10 overrun after the next turn). It saves a lot when you don't have to rush at 4 credits for every mineral, which is what all SP are.
                    Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Cash alone, crawlers could be put to better use.
                      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Rush it with cash alone. Better to have virtue than money.

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'd not be so quick to dismiss the use of at least one crawler (even if it is a rather moot point in view of the current voting); one crawler will save us 30 minerals that we would otherwise have to rushbuy, totalling 120 ECs. Given that the crawlers can be produced at a rate of one per turn by our central bases if we wish, this would mean that at the cost of one turn's production, we've effectively produced 120 ECs - quite a good investment, wouldn't you say?

Comment

A crawler or two is definately a good thing for this... and I think you, as Centralis Governor, probably have the authority to "sacrifice" one of your own crawlers... but wouldn't it be better to just keep the crawler and get a few mins/nuts/energy a turn for it? Or save it for something that we actually can't buy? (which would be the Ascent or something like that)

Comment

Rush with cash alone. 200 less credits will not make much of a difference now that we are in Free Market mode. Two less crawlers on the other could make a significant difference for the city that will have to sacrify them.

Just my 2 cents on the subject

Comment

Working...
                              X