Lemuria Café II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mapfi
    Because frankly, while those quarrels between the WP and the APP are sometimes funny (especially in the Herald), parties like we have them here only harden the lines in political discussion and therefore inhibit the solution which might be in the best interest of the nation.
    You are wrong mapfi, look carefully at the decisions of the APP and of our arguments and you will see we are defending a way of playing the game which we believe is in the best interest of the nation. If the WP or any citizen expresses something we consider as sensible, you will see the APP sides him.

Create your own party, it's fun!
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Anyone noticed that we have a newspaper but we havent even invented writing yet?
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
        Anyone noticed that we have a newspaper but we havent even invented writing yet?
        And that we are playing a Democracy game while we even know nothing about Monarchy.
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Dale, excellent post on the Lemurian Herald.

Membership in a Party pushes you to put the emphasis on the role playing part of the DG, this is why it is fun. But I know all the members of the parties, be it WP or APP, have the interest of the nation in mind and would not push the role playing part of the DG to the point it would disrupt the game or to the point it would become harmful to Lemuria.

I think the two parties are actually reflecting two ways of playing CtP2 as a single player game, I would bet most of the WP members are "Conquerors" that are usually trying to win the game through military conquest. On the other hand the APP members are certainly "empire builders", players who are more interested in the Scientific Victory, the peceful growth of the Nation they play and who are waging a war when they feel they need to in order to repell a threat. As far as I am concerned I have no qualms about preemptive strikes and full scale military campaigns when I feel it is needed.

But if I want to manage a war or a battle from the beginning of the game to its end I don't play CtP2 but PC wargames like Panzer General 2, People's General, the Operational Art of War or Steel Panthers.

Comment

The two parties indeed stand for two different strategies, but the best way to act is always decided by the cirsumstances and therfore can swap back and forth or lie inbetween those two extreme attitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi
              The two parties indeed stand for two different strategies, but the best way to act is always decided by the cirsumstances and therfore can swap back and forth or lie inbetween those two extreme attitudes.
              This is the difference between being stubborn and being open minded.

And believe me the APP is far from being an extremist party (I wouldn't be a member of it), I am a member of the APP because I think it is fun and because I share common opinions on the game with my camarades. Don't ask me to ignore what I think is good for our nation in the DG. I am the first to ask for the production of military units in all our cities now that a war has been declared as I consider this is our best chance to resist the Austrian or conquer a part of its territory. Where my opinion differs from the WP, at least I think so, is that we should also know when to stop this war when we have conquered the space and cities we need. The goal is not to destroy Austria but to further the development of Lemuria through the conquest of the nearest territory and cities of Austria.

Comment

The WP was formed to address the issues we face right now, i dont think ill be a member of any party by say 1800AD, by that time all the serious (and necessary) warmongering will be over.

The APP doesnt seem to fit anytime in our history, they just like to piss and moan about what other people want to do.

Hopefully theyll be new parties formed when we have a larger empire to control our own destinies, with more thoughtful principles than, "war is good" "ugh"
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

The APP doesnt seem to fit anytime in our history, they just like to piss and moan about what other people want to do.

You should read what we write...

Comment

Parties are good to reflect what you think but not to decide for you. Therefore no party is stupid akthough they are unnecessary.

And they are good not only for role-playing but for discussions too! newbies became less shy if they see others share their point of view.

And by the way, I like science victories. I just think the best way to reach this kind of victory is by expanding at cost of other civs. And you would be amazed on how good for small civs i am in my games. I like to cultivate them for my own purpouses
                    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                    Kill all and you are a God!"
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

who said parties were stupid? Neither do I think they're completely unnecessary - I just think we need people that don't go after party politics to decide what's good for our nation.

Comment

The WP was formed to address the issues we face right now........edity.................................. ......edit.......................
                        Hopefully theyll be new parties formed when we have a larger empire to control our own destinies, with more thoughtful principles than, "war is good" "ugh"
                        Yeah this was exactly why i joined it - I was afraid a too peaceful solution was going to be opted for.Atleast it sounded like this might be the case and i felt there was another way to help our nation. As with you i will become a neutral when i'm ready and my persona may mature as our empire becomes more sophisticated...... hmmmm well maybe not that last bit

I've noticed some quite lively threads over these new elections! I was almost upset over the barred teeth nature of them(or maybe i'm too loved up from the saturday demo in London?)
                        I would like to think that any members of our community will be able to relax and share a non-too-politicaly motivated beer from time to time, that is if our esteemed barkeep would stop selling the stuff out the back door
                        One for the road please Frozzy!
                        Last edited by child of Thor; February 17, 2003, 19:32.
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I'm am so ashamed i havent been here for a week due to computer problems.
                          How many turnchats did i miss three or four.
                          When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin
                            I'm am so ashamed i havent been here for a week due to computer problems.
                            How many turnchats did i miss three or four.
                            Hey! hello I think you've only missed two, but they were quite crucial. Darn stupid computers You need to check your nomination thread in the DG(minister of infrastucture i think) as people are getting worried.
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I quickly wrote some more on my story, it's a bit crap but I wanted to write about killing that archer briefly.

The Battle For Pressburg shall follow tommorrow hopefullly.
                              Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Mmm. This café has gone the way of the dodo.

Where’s the barkeep?
                                Where’s the waitresses/women?
                                Where’s the idle sports babble?
                                Where’s the annoying spam?
                                Why is it so quiet in here?

* DoT steals a beer while nobody was watching.
                                If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X