Simcity 4 SUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simcity 4 SUX

Because I dont know how to play it! Im' a total newbie, and someone needs to teach me the good techniques.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Have you read the threads on Simcity 4? Got some excellent tips.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Have you read the threads on Simcity 4? Got some excellent tips.
      I'm too lazy to read through all that text sorry

Comment

Regional play is absolutely key! Switch cities every decade or so, share RCI demand, and everything will work great. I haven't played much, but here is what I got after about ten-eleven hours of play (spread over about two weeks ). See attachment.

As you can see, I already have four well-developed cities. (Well, maybe you can't, since I turned the borders off. Trust me ) And I also am just starting two new ones on the right-hand side. They are all connected to each other, so basically, in each city, the demands are sky-high for any type of industry, housing, and commerce. I then pick and choose what kind of city I want - poor populace + dirty industry, or a sort of rural farmer's village, a wealthy community, or a bustling commercial district, and zone the tiles, and services accordingly. Since the sims freely move around the cities, the demand is shared, and everyone can find a place according to their education and wealth.
        Attached Files
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

How do I make deals for cities? I want to make Tassagrad the BEST city of the cities I'll create, and the others are simply there to serve.

Comment

perhaps you should read the manual?
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim
                As you can see, I already have four well-developed cities.
                Splendid. Can you post a larger screenie?
                Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

While good advice, that assumes that the manual is more than a pamphlet telling you what's new in the game. *sigh*
                  I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

A quick question:

Do I need a DVD-player on my PC to play simcity 4?
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

ehm..No, i'm pretty sure it's still comes on a normal CD-ROM.
                      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

:cries:

My city doesnt work!

I build some low res and low ind, a wind power plant and 3 water towers. No one comes!
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Have you connected any roads to offmap Eli? I always start with one connection to SimNation at least (this can be an empty zone or out of the region entirely.) If that doesn't kick start it I would try a small amount of medium or dense industrial. Then I'd triple check that I wasn't on pause mode
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

I don't think that connections do anything if there's no city there.

The only things you should need to get development going is a power plant and industrial / residential zoning, connected together by roads and power lines (if they are not close together). It may take a month or two for construction to begin.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I thought this was going to be a let's bash sim games thread...........damn you for disappointing me Tassadar.

Comment

Working...
                              X