No announcement yet.

Simcity 4 SUX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SimNation is supposed to produce demand but I've never tried doing two identical cities, one with connections and one without.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

ADG tried to play that game of mine and no one came either. But it doesnt matter now, I started a new one and it works perfectly.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli >> Just make sure you don't put your taxes tooooo high

Tassadar >> Had the same problem, and came to the conclusion: Practice makes... better

One important thing to remember:

Keep an eye on your schools/hospitals/etc, and cut the spending, if there's only little demand for it...

Oh, and one more thing: DON'T play it like it was SimCity 3k...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yeah. Its even less forgiving than SC 2000, so playing like SC 3000 is a disaster
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

SC4 is fun, but I've started to run into a wall in city size. It just slows my game down too damn much. At 45k I can barely scroll around the dang map. And my system is no slouch, though it isn't top of the line. (Amd XP 2000, 512 mb pc2100 ram, geforce 3 ti200).

I've basically given up on getting big cities, and now i just try for high performance small ones.
            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Try setting details lower. By default, they are all at maximum.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                Yeah. Its even less forgiving than SC 2000, so playing like SC 3000 is a disaster
                This is heart-warming to hear. I wish HoI were so unforgiving; it would be the perfect game, wouldn´t it?
                Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Turning the clouds off sped up my game quite a bit...
                  XBox Live: VovanSim
                  xbox.com (login required)
                  Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                  Spore page

Comment

C'mon Tass, just use a little effort to learn some of the nuances of the game. Having a thriving city is so fun!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune
                      Splendid. Can you post a larger screenie?
                      Well, I can't post a larger screenie of the region, since there is no zoom on that level. However, I can post some screenies of the cities.

This here below is just a closeup of some low-wealth commercial area, and some residential zoning.
                      Attached Files
                      Spore page

Comment

And this is my first city that is a century old.

(Don't look for a university, it's not there yet. )
                        Attached Files
                        Spore page

Comment

How do I get regional play to work? Do I Just hook everything up? Can I build a power city and i just hook up the power lines and it'll begin giving power to the connected cities?

Help
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yes. Only the neighboring cities need to give $ for the electricity.

So, you need to start neighbor deals. That's a bit weird to do. I spent a long time trying to figure that one out (about ten-fifteen minutes ). On the finance tab, the one with the simoleon sign. You need to click the income/expense table to bring up the detailed report, and then click "Neighbor deals" from either list. That will bring a list with the possible neighbor deals. Choose the one you want, and how much you want to pay / make, and there ya go.
                            Spore page

Comment

I could use some help with the traffic here.

The southern bank is Industry, the shores of the norhtern bank are commercial and the rest of the northern bank is residential. Most of it $.

So basically, most of the residents move through the bridges to work and most of the "work" falls on one briddge.

I scattered a few bus stations around the city(you can see them in the screenshot, I think). It helped, but only temporarily. Most of the bus stations are barely used, and those that are used are only and less than 20-30% capacity.

I added a railroad line... less than 50 people use it.

Any advice?

Basically I need to make the people who live in the Western neighborhoods to use the Western bridge, instead of using the middle one like everyone else.
                              Attached Files
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

What I did is to get rid of the congested bridge and build a highway bridge instead. No one was using the highway and everyone started to move to the yellow bridge, which immediately became all red. I razed it.

Now everyone use the highway but there is a lot of congestion in the roads leading to it.

So I razed the Eastern bridge and built another highway bridge instead of it. Still, all the sims seem to flock to that middle highway bridge, thus causing lots of traffic in the roads leading to it. All this, despite having another perfect highway bridge on the East and a road bridge on the West.

Comment

Working...
                                X