Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An updated picture.
    Attached Files
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Oh, and where do I put the Water Treatment plant if I have a lot of water pollution? Near the pump or near the facotires?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli >> I wish I had the answer to the problem... but I don't, I'm having same problem

And I haven't built any water treatment plants yet, since I don't have a city large enough for this...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It seems that the sims choose roads over highways, when possible, and are generally stupid.

Another question, how can I follow one of "my sims" to work? I want to see the route it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
            It seems that the sims choose roads over highways, when possible, and are generally stupid.
            Build some schools?
            :p:p:p|__Hakkapeliitta/Jeki__|:p:p:p
            You wanna see me spank my monkey?
            I'll shake your hand later, I have an...itch.

Comment

I cant seem to pass the 9-11k population limit. I heard there are limits in the game beyond which you have to build certain structure to continue growing? Is there a detailed explanation somewhere?

Comment

Build a railway with passenger stations on both sides of the river. Also build some bus stations if you haven't, and subway when your population increases, or if you get really desperate.

The best thing about mass transit is that you get ticket fees from the passengers. I make a decent profit with transit systems in most of my cities.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                  Oh, and where do I put the Water Treatment plant if I have a lot of water pollution? Near the pump or near the facotires?
                  I think somewhere in between.
                  Check your water pollution overlay. If your pumps are near the water pollution, then put it near your pumps. If the pollution is just in the industrial sector (and spreading out towards the pumps) build it closer to the industry.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Tassagrad the BEST city of the cities I'll create, and the others are simply there to serve.

Tassagrad
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Eli, you're city has developed very well, but I think you need to organize your zones a little better so that you can control where the traffic goes.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, can you be more specific?

Comment

I find the radius system of fire departments etc a bit annoying, because they are circles i never seem to be able to get the edges covered of certain zones, and they won't benefit from the schools etc!!! also, do i need to leave room for buildings later on, or should i just destroy some housing blocks if i need to build a new clinic or so...?
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Just destroy.

I've foundd that trying to match radii doesn't work because it doesn't seem to give the buildings near the edge the benefit of the doubt. Overlap but keep your budget trimmed. As density soars you'll need 5 elementary schools where you had 2 so overlaps become obligatory for all the common buildings.

Eli you're actually making life a bit harder for yourself by restriocting so severely. Every housing estate should have a few shops nearby. Hi tech industry can be very close to housing without impacting on anything except the wealthiest houses etc.

I don't think it matters where water treatment plants go. I put my first near my farms and all pollution dropped. I put the second near my factories and it all dropped again.

I've now got under 6% pollution in a 78k city. That is partly because I've relocated most of the heavy industry next door though by setting taxes on $$ to 11% and having a second region as 99% heavy industrial with 11% on $$$ (to keep the high tech in the main area.)
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                              I don't think it matters where water treatment plants go. I put my first near my farms and all pollution dropped. I put the second near my factories and it all dropped again.

Both farms and factories produce a large amount of water pollution, so this doesn't show whether it would work in a non polluted area. (although i believe it would, so long as it is connected to the water system)
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                                Sava, can you be more specific?
                                You should organize your zones so that Commerical zones are in between Industrial and Residential. It's better (for traffic purposes) if your Residential zones are seperated in neighborhoods where traffic can only go one way. You also want fewer intersections. Intersections cause the traffic problems you are having. Notice how the bad traffic areas are worse at intersections?
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X