Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctp1 and 2

Hiya

Ive played most the civ type games civ1 to 3, and smac and ctp.

CTP was a nice game, but the ai seemed very poor and some things were unbalanced (virtual world wonder for instance).

I was wondering if these issues have been fixed in ctp2?.

And how much more of a stress on the computer ctp is compared to ctp1?

Thanks

Ellie

Well... CtP1... without mods wasn't that wonderful game, in my opinion... but was massively improved by WesW's 'Medmod'... which you can find HERE. Game balance is massively improved (as is, to a lesser degree the AI) Its makes for a wonderful civ game... probably my favorite of that era... due to the best balance of any civ game yet... in my opinion.

CtP2 is a much more versatile game engine. What can be achieved by modders is vastly improved. The AI... again was weaker than most people like, but with mods the AI has become a real serious challenge, and clever programming by modders has added a lot of depth to the game. Apolyton pack, MedMod and Cradle of Civilization are all fantastic mods... check out this thread for your options.

MrBaggins

Comment

Welcome Ellie,

Mr Baggins has already summed up the whole thing, I can only say CtP2 is today my favorite game thanks to the modders and their great work.

Unmodded, CtP2 is a good game but its AI is really poor. Modded, CtP2 is well balanced and far more challenging. If you had to start with a mod I would recommend you the Super Apolyton Pack 2 which is improving the game without changing the original concepts. CtP2, "the way it should be"...
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

thanks

Thanks

ATM the little gaming time i get at nite (i have a husband and child to look after) is spent on SMAC. But ill try ctp2 next )

Ellie

Comment

Welcome ellie.

Why not join the CTP2 democracy game too? (Consider yourself warned: it is addictive.)

The democracy game forum is here.
          You’ll find the answer to all your democracy game questions here.
          If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Working...
          X