Getting pop-ups when I shouldn't be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting pop-ups when I shouldn't be

I've had the same pop-up ad 4 times on the forums today, even though I'm using a Normal style (using Opera 7). What gives?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

You've been unlucky? Seriously, I've never had that occour, and certainly not after installing Opera 7, which seems to filter the pop-ups(or Iv'e been very lucky).
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well, I've turned pop-up blocking on now so I don't get them anymore. My point was that maybe Markos should look into it, if ads are being served w/o his permission.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

You need to use a Special style.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

MKaybe you should use opera and turn pop ups off.
          (+1)

Comment

He DOES use Opera

I use a Default-Ultra-Special style, and I get no ads. MAybe you should try that

Comment

Default Ultra Special is the best.

Comment

If he has Opera why not turn pop ups off?
                (+1)

Comment

a) I'm not supposed to get pop-ups with normal styles, quote from the FAQ:

- "Normal" styles
                  Normal styles show one RealMedia or Apolyton 468x60 ads at the top of pages(depending on the origin of the visitor), and one Apolyton 468x60 and one Apolyton 150x150 ad at the bottom of pages
                  It's the special styles that give the pop-ups

b) If it turn of pop-ups, or even select 'open requested pop-ups only' I can't use the upload file feature at CFC
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Do what I do and have two releases opera - one with pop ups and java enabled and one without.
                    (+1)

Comment

Counter proposal: Mozilla 1.2.1 with pop-ups disabled, and you can turn off Java support at anytime under Preferencies. Netscape 7.1 will also be as good as Mozilla for that.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Why not go to analogx.com and download the POW utility? I run it and after pointing it to pop the offending ads, I never see them again. They still appear when I first hit the site but the moment the title locks it's gone. Plus, it still shows as a hit for MarkG and the gang so they still get a paycheck.

Comment

Working...
                        X