Appearance of bonus resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appearance of bonus resources

Is it possible somehow to modify the appearance of the bonus resources? I haven't found it in the editor (yet)...

Yes, change the apperance ratio (? I have German version) to a higher or lower number.

100 = one of this per civ in the game
    200 = two of this per civ in the game
    50 = one for every two civs in the game

etc.

I'm _quite_ sure this is right... if not, then burn me as a heretic please.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

That's only for luxury and strategic resources, but I won't burn you... (off-topic; do you know the song "Burning Heretic" from Apoptygma Berzerk?)

The resources I'm writing about, is only the luxury ones. You can't set the ratio for those like with the others

Comment

Oh, I see, the things like fish etc.

I've never thought about adding more cows, but it _must_ be possible. I'm not quite sure how.

*hides under asbestos blanket*

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

If there is a way to control the way Civ3 places Bonus resources dynamically, I haven't found it.

What I had to do for my mod (with 84 resources) was tweak the Strategic and Luxury icons so they appeared in the percentage I wanted, then generated a random map of 200x200.

I then had to go and add or remove the bonus resources so it was closer to how I had envisioned. Once I got the Strategic and Luxury numbers set, the bonus ones weren't too far off, I just wanted some Bonuses (Shipwreck) to be rarer than others (Pigs).

If someone knows how to control how it is dynamically generated I would love to know as well!
          Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
          Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
          I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
            Yes, change the apperance ratio (? I have German version) to a higher or lower number.

100 = one of this per civ in the game
            200 = two of this per civ in the game
            50 = one for every two civs in the game

etc.

I'm _quite_ sure this is right... if not, then burn me as a heretic please.

-Jam
            If the number is 120, it means 1.2 resources per civ. The number will then be rounded off. Someone over at CivFanatics did some calculations on this and confirmed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amesjustin

If someone knows how to control how it is dynamically generated I would love to know as well!
              It can't be done, only strategic and luxury.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. So far, I've added Oasis (+6 food) and Fertile Wheat and Fertile Cattle (both +4 food) to test with. It actually looked like game needed to be started some times before these new resources where actually being used... Let's hope for a patch where this is included.

Originally posted by Willem

If the number is 120, it means 1.2 resources per civ. The number will then be rounded off. Someone over at CivFanatics did some calculations on this and confirmed it.
                But that's when it's 10 players, right? I actually hope I'm wrong 'cause it would make my modding a lot easier...

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
                  It actually looked like game needed to be started some times before these new resources where actually being used... Let's hope for a patch where this is included.
                  Well yes, making changes in the editor won't take effect until you start a new game.

But that's when it's 10 players, right? I actually hope I'm wrong 'cause it would make my modding a lot easier...
                  Not necessarily, it applies to any number of civs. In my example, if there were 10 civs, there would be 12 of a particular resource i.e 1.2 x10. If there were 20 civs it would be 24 resources, 1.2 x 20.

PS Keep in mind that these numbers only apply to Strategic or Luxury resources. Bonus resources just happen, there's no way to control the number of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Well yes, making changes in the editor won't take effect until you start a new game.
                    I know, but it seemed like I had to start a new game several times before it was really implemented... strange...

Not necessarily, it applies to any number of civs. In my example, if there were 10 civs, there would be 12 of a particular resource i.e 1.2 x10. If there were 20 civs it would be 24 resources, 1.2 x 20.

PS Keep in mind that these numbers only apply to Strategic or Luxury resources. Bonus resources just happen, there's no way to control the number of them.
                    Thanks!

PS I have to add more sorts of bonus resources then...

Comment

I read somewhere that adding more bonus resources will have no effect on total resources -- that it will just change the ratios to includes the new ones.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        I read somewhere that adding more bonus resources will have no effect on total resources -- that it will just change the ratios to includes the new ones.
                        That's right. Adding a Sheep resource will mean less Wheat resources overall for example. There's a lot of room for adding more though.

Comment

Working...
                        X