Just got PTW- quick Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got PTW- quick Q.

Hi. I just got PTW yesterday, and I'm somewhat perplexed by a couple of the new unit commands. Most of them are self-explanatory, like "Scout" or any of the advanced Worker commands. But I've been unable to ascertain what the "Sentry" command does. Can anyone tell me? Thanks in advance.
    KoH
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquistive idiots."

Sentry (aka "Sleep'): Stand here until someone else's unit comes adjacent. You are not prompted to move him until then. I do not know that they get a fortify bonus if attacked in this posture.

Sentry-Enemy Only: Must be an enemy's unit to become activated.

The commands have always been available in Civ3. Only the buttons on the screen are new.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
      The commands have always been available in Civ3. Only the buttons on the screen are new.
      Are you sure about this? None of the shortcuts are in the Manual.

I knew this was an option in the original Civ (I haven't played any other versions), but I was not aware of it being in the original Civ3. That's why I was so excited when they put it back in. Or did I only think that they 'put it back in'?
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Most of these 'new' commands have been in Civ3. They were added in the various patches and documented in the readme.txt file that came with the patch.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
        X