Tech Mp3 file problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Mp3 file problem

I'm currently having a problem with trying to convert a wave file into a mp3 file for a technology quote and then let that mp3 file work in the game itself. The wave file I'm talking about is fac37.wav (in the SMAC\FX folder). I have succesfully converted it into a mp3 file with a SoundStream program and have put the file into the Voices folder as tech87.mp3, and created a custom tech for it. But when it plays in the game after I discovered the appropriate tech, it is totally incomprehensible and seems drawn out. A possible problem (I don't know if it is - I know little to none about all these sound matters) might be that all the SMAC files seem to play on 64 kB per second, while the tech87.mp3 file plays at 160 kB per second. Does this have anything to do with it or could it be something else? And if so, how can I fix the problem?
    I hope someone knows the solution soon, because it's the only thing keeping me from releasing a MarsSurvivors v3.0 scenario.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Yes: SMAC/X playback is 2X. If SoundStream can convert your file to double-speed (or half-speed?), it should play properly in SMAC/X.
    Sorry I don't have any details. This is something I remember reading about a while back in a thread either here at Apolyton or in the alt.games.firaxis.alpha-centauri newsgroup.
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

use Lame, it can get the excact 64kbps mono wav to mp3ing that you need

Comment

Well I have no clue what Lame is and how I should convert a file to double/half-speed, but I'l try to find out. Thanks for the answers.

Comment

Try one of these converters on

Convert to MP3 format in High Quality, free online converter tool. Easy to use, no need software to install.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

The scenario is sent to MarkG and DanQ, and also to LoD of the Chironian Guild, where Mars Survivors v1.0 can be downloaded.

Comment

Working...
            X