HoI v1.03 Released except NA version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoI v1.03 Released except NA version

The NA version of the patch has been delayed 'til Monday for some reason. Oh, well.

But for everybody else,

Download page:

Fixes, Modifications, etc:

Looks mighty impressive. Can't wait to try it out.
    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Great news! But....now I have just lost all sleep and rest for the whole weekend!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Waiting a couple of days for a patch is nothing, some of us are still waiting for it to even come out.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
        Waiting a couple of days for a patch is nothing, some of us are still waiting for it to even come out.
        If you haven't played the game, then you don't understand why this patch is necessary, and the loss of a weekend is painful.

The game is quite flawed without the latest patch. I daresay the original release was more flawed than the original release of Civ3, and thats saying something.

The best fix, among many, IMO, is that the computer will no longer mimic your production. Before, I would devote every industry point to research and none to unit production. Well, the computer would do the same and suddenly germany can't capture poland, let alone france. the patch allows the ai to do its own thing production wise, I cant imagine how much more difficult (thank god) this would make the game.

Comment

I guess I can stand to wait a couple more days. I'm surprised it was released this early, since the official word on the Paradox boards suggested early February. Does this perhaps mean that EU2 v1.06 will be coming soon?
          "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
            I guess I can stand to wait a couple more days. I'm surprised it was released this early, since the official word on the Paradox boards suggested early February. Does this perhaps mean that EU2 v1.06 will be coming soon?

If you go to the paradox pages, you can download the NA version now from a few websites. Its in RAR format, though I believe it might now be zipped. They took the Scandinavian version and zipped the new files. Seems to be working for me ok so far

Comment

Yes, Patric spent some time and make a fix for the NA version, since SFI is gone for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                The game is quite flawed without the latest patch. I daresay the original release was more flawed than the original release of Civ3, and thats saying something.
                Everyone has their own opinion but I loved this game when it came out in spite of its flaws. I couldn't say the same about Civ III. HoI didn't need six months and a £29.99 patch to get multiplayer either.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold

Everyone has their own opinion but I loved this game when it came out in spite of its flaws. I couldn't say the same about Civ III. HoI didn't need six months and a £29.99 patch to get multiplayer either.

Sure, of course. I don't care about mp, which probably shows why we have differing opinions. Playing only sp HOI, until this patch, was quite bad, since if you only expend ICs on research, the ai wouldn't have any units whatsoever, making the game incredibly easy. Now, however, its a much better, more difficult game sp.

Comment

Well, if you're gonna research to Panthers by 1938 and ignore playing correctly, there ought to be a way to punish the people who do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                      Well, if you're gonna research to Panthers by 1938 and ignore playing correctly, there ought to be a way to punish the people who do it...

Comment

How should the spending be in 1.03 then? Half units and half technology?
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          How should the spending be in 1.03 then? Half units and half technology?
                          Whatever you feel most comfortable with. I build mechs and infs at the beginning (iuf anything) since their stats increase, but armor waits until the year or so before war when my techs have advanced. I probably go 80% research for the first couple years til mid 38 or something. Playing as a big guy, of course.

Comment

That's great news! A great game just became better!

So long...
                            Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                            Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                            Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                              Playing only sp HOI, until this patch, was quite bad, since if you only expend ICs on research, the ai wouldn't have any units whatsoever, making the game incredibly easy. Now, however, its a much better, more difficult game sp.
                              I didn't realise that was the case, since it doesn't seem to research when you research or build units when you build units. I'm sure it will be a stronger opponent with each patch and many annoying quirks will disappear. I just found it immense fun from 1.0 onward anyway. Easy, but fun.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X