Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise attack bonus

Can someone tell me more about this please

A link would be nice - I checked GL but couldn't find it.
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; January 24, 2003, 07:10.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

IIRC the 'Combat' thread in the GL states that no such bonus exists...

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You're not MPing right now are you, AH?
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
        IIRC the 'Combat' thread in the GL states that no such bonus exists...

SG[1]
        But it does exist.

Comment

If the original programmers posted here and said there was no such bonus, I still wouldn't believe it.

THERE IS ONE. But if you'd rather believe otherwise, please let me sneak attack you first every game.

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've always found it odd they took the time to put in a pop up box about a sneak attack when a sneak attack gains nothing?..I certainly don't need a pop up to tell me I'm being attacked....

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              If the original programmers posted here and said there was no such bonus, I still wouldn't believe it.

THERE IS ONE. But if you'd rather believe otherwise, please let me sneak attack you first every game.

RAH
              Ah - this is why I posted the thread - because you mentioned such a bonus in another thread and I hadn't heard of it.

What is it? How long does it last?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It is a one-off bonus. Once you have made the first attack there is no surprise.

Comment

the way we figured it out ....not the exact # but the bonus is about a 50% attack bonus...therefore always attack someone you have met for the first time if you can....odds are that your warrior will pound his warrior into the ground....

the only time it gets dicey is on good defensive terrain
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

So, is it the sneak attack bonus that allows a warrior to take out a tank??

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

lol, no, that is just weird algorythms

Comment

I have to agree with Rah... I'm not sure the programmers could convince me that it doesnt exsist. I don't care what people have experimented with. I've seen many weird results, and would have to agree that a 50% bonus does indeed occur. I've seen warriors take out units that they shouldn't... too many times.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

the golden rule, if you meet someone and you can attack on favorable terrain...do so....you will likely get a vet and their explorer will bite the dust

Comment

It is bothersome that people that have tested it properly haven't found the evidence.......I am a scientist at heart; I know testing beats selective memories every time, yet in spite of this I too am convinced there is a sneak attack bonus.

Comment

I have tested it and there was no such a bonus...
                              Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Working...
                              X