public beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• public beta

Ok. There's exactly 89 days until the American release date. I think by now BHG knows if they are going to make a public beta (or maybe I'm wrong, but I'm taking into consideration that making a game as good as RON can be VERY challenging and unpredictable). I, personally, don't think that releasing the beta two months before the game is do in stores is really going to help make the real game any better (again, I may be wrong)
    So, BHG employees, do you think that there is going to be a public beta? If there is, is it going to be downloadable over the internet? Given at electronics stores such as Circuit City or Electronics Boutique for a small price?
    "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka
    Proud Member of http://www.axisofjustice.org
    Peace, Love, and =waffles=

really when's that out?

Comment

I have no idea. Tassadar, can you give me a link?
      "I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass'" - Pekka

Comment

Seems it's going to be one short beta...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Maybe they are referring to the beta they sent out to all the major gaming web sites.

Comment

maybe they just scrapped the idea....

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang
              maybe they just scrapped the idea....
              ... and forgot to update the site.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Maybe they decided to scrap Rise of Nations because they thought that the game sucked.
                maybe

Comment

Is there something in your eye?

Comment

I wonder when they plan on doing this public beta. It certainly takes some time to get those things going and if the game is coming out when slated, they should have things being organized soon. I am kind of surprised that they haven't started working on it.
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by theponyguy1
                      Is there something in your eye?
                      u talking to me?

Comment

yup

Comment

Public beta is a good idea if the game is good ... Counter-Strike was a public Beta for nearly 2 years before it went retail and it managed to build a huge, loyal fan base. But, if the game isn't that great, doing a public beta can turn people off to the game who would have normally bought it. The advantage is that it gives a direct feedback between the players and the developers. It is great for sniffing out bugs. The disadvantage is that with the exposure comes an inherent sense of accountability. If the developers aren't up to the task of improving the game, a public beta can kill a project.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

u saying this will turn into a game as good as CS?

Comment

Counter-Strike was a mod... Just because Sierra packaged it with Half-Life doesn't mean it's a game. Some of the other Half-Life packs are new expansions because Sierra developed them, sold them, and didn't allow you to download it for free. Counter-Strike is still free if you own Half-Life.

I've noticed that most game company websites are very slow at updating - does anyone have a rational reason as to why this is?
                              I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                              New faces...Strange places,
                              Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                              -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Working...
                              X