So, this is only practice ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, this is only practice ...

One of the original intents of the PTW-demo game was to hone our skills to take on the other civ sites. Well, the challenge has been issued, and a call to arms for Apolyton players has been issued:

This is posted in the C3-Demo game forum, and many of you may have seen it. Indeed, 29 players have signed on so far. That is clearly more than adequate for a strong team, but in the spirit of inclusion, and the principle that one more head (even Shiber's dog) and point of view is a good thing, all Apolyton Civ3 players are more than welcome. This seemed like the appropriate forum to expand the advertising. Besides - it has been quiet here lately. Must be all that 'behind-closed-doors' scheming going on.

Anyways, please give this some consideration. Respond in either thread. I will get your name down. The current list of players and more details are contained in the other thread.

I am waiting on feedback from Mark about a closed forum for the game. Hope to hear from him soon.

The other point of interest is that we, the game organizers from the various sites, have approached Firaxis to be a neutral administrator for the game. We expect to hear back soon.

Cheers! .... Beta.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

I would if I had more time, but currently I'm beta-testing 2 games, I have this demo game, and 2 majors at school to take care of, in addition to anything I'm not obligated to doing.

Comment

It's tempting. But the team is so large already. Seems kind of chaotic

Comment

and honestly I didn't realize there were other civ communities than us. they are insignificant . We are the largest and of course the best .

Comment

i wouldnt say the best, one great player from civfanatics or cdg could easily beat the collective play of apolytion community. Being large isnt always good.
          Last edited by flash9286; January 21, 2003, 23:09.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Profound...

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
              ...one great player from civfanatics or cdg could easily beat the collective play of apolytion community.
              THAT I would like to see!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

THAT I would like to see!
                Ditto.

Comment

Don't be so sure, yes, Apolyon is VERY good at what we do....but there are others just as skilled who aren't members here....

I still think we'd waste 'em!
                  Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                  Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

We are bigger and furrier than they are, so we can beat them.
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

as always I think it depends on starting position . That is so very important, well you guys know

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                        We are bigger and furrier than they are, so we can beat them.
                        Yes - the keys to success!! Just ask any barbarian .... or my two cats...

Anyways - Markos has created a new Civ Group fro sign-up. Please see the other thread. Thanks.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'm interested. I'm not sure how much time I'll have. but the team is large, so I'm sure it can make do. I signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                            as always I think it depends on starting position . That is so very important, well you guys know
                            And the Great Nation of Aploytonia started in the Mists of a great Jungle and look at where we are today! Thank the Great Banana!!

E_T
                            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                            Worship the Comic here!
                            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                              i wouldnt say the best, one great player from civfanatics or cdg could easily beat the collective play of apolytion community. Being large isnt always good.
                              No one sees that hes implying something here? Hes not just referring to the inter-site demo game.

But yes flash, what you say is true, and theres no reason why Vox shouldnt win with great leadership.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X