Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More fuel to the SUV debate

Now you're subsidising Hummers.

I especially like the bit where someone says he's sad that the loophole might be closed.
    "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
    - Lone Star

You should get a deduction for buying a hybrid.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That does it... I'm going to buy a semi-trailer cab to drive around in. I won't have the trailer part, just the cab. I'll put a snowplow blade on the front of it., just to intimidate SUV people. And I'll have superbright headlights so the SUV people are blinded, too. Maybe I'll even jack up the body so I can see even better over the SUV's.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

i like the 'fuel' pun in the title

"Her group estimates that the tax incentive's application to SUVs cost the federal treasury $840 million to $987 million last year."

holy ****, there are children starving in africa while we hand out nearly a billion dollars to people who can afford a $60,000 vehicle

Comment

That's communism for you. They're loyal supporters of the Party and get rewarded for it.

Sorry Che...
          - Lone Star

Comment

<--- Loves his SUV. It just pisses off the do-gooders so!

Comment

Actually, this is why lawyers need less representation on the Congressional rolls, if you ask me. And smaller, less-intrusive government.

But no - people will whine about banning the SUV's instead of seeing the real problem here.

Comment

But are you getting government subsidies for it?
                - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                  <--- Loves his SUV. It just pisses off the do-gooders so!
                  *cavebear discovers a great desire to see SUV's crunched under Monster Trucks (unoccupied SUV's of course, but I can imagine unhappy owners).*

Now is that PC or what?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                    That does it... I'm going to buy a semi-trailer cab to drive around in. I won't have the trailer part, just the cab. I'll put a snowplow blade on the front of it., just to intimidate SUV people. And I'll have superbright headlights so the SUV people are blinded, too. Maybe I'll even jack up the body so I can see even better over the SUV's.
                    That sounds like fun, except I don't have a license to drive those things.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I dont mind SUVs at all. People have free choice. I'd rather take it up to car makers to solve fuel inefficiency or not make it at all, if I am concerned about enviornment. I understand that businesses respond to sales, but its still not a good reason to blindly hate people who buy them.

SUV's have actually a legitimate reason if you are an outdoors person. I have 2 friends who own Nissan XTerra. One's SUV is totally f**ked up. It has dents and scratches all over it and accumulates dirt and mud all over if he doesnt carwash often. The other one uses it to pick up his girlfriend to goto the movies within town and would probably die if I even farted inside the car, let alone imagine getting a scratch on it....
                      :-p

Comment

Yeah, my other car is a T-55.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

SUV - is that a 4WD?

I love my 4WD. So useful when your whole valley burns down.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Sports Utility Vehicle.

Is that name only used in America?
                            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Hey Fiera! Don't forget to visit the (growing) Gang!
                              Nice to see you Check your PM inbox.
                              Actualidad y otros desperdicios

Comment

Working...
                              X