Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did/Do Your Children Do That Was Irritating? OR, What Do YOU DO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did/Do Your Children Do That Was Irritating? OR, What Do YOU DO ?

Due to space constraints, I won't list all the things I did that pissed off my parents.

My daughter though, she's always been excellent.
    One thing I had to break her of though.
    I'd say "Do this", or "Don't do that", and she'd say,
    "I was just...."

Did I ask what you were just doing ?
    No. I didn't ask that.

She's pretty much past that now.

So what do yours do, or what do you do ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

He grabs my lower lip with his hands when I'm talking on the phone. The then starts piercing it with his tiny nails. Luckily with limited success, but a nuissance nevertheles.

Oh, and he's 5 months and 20 days old, it's not like he's 14
    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

my parents had trouble breaking me out of the grand theft auto habit
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

My 15-month old daughter sings the first three notes to Barney's "I Love You" song (also known as "This Old Man") constantly and has been doing so for over a month now. It was pretty cute for a while, but now we're ready for a new tune.

Da-da-DA. Da-da-DA. Da-da-DA. Da-da-DA.

Comment

She may be trying to say "Daddy" but just have a stutter.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

No, "Daddy" is: "DAH-da!!"

Trouble is, that's what she also calls the dogs.

Comment

Maybe she sees you as a protecting, intelligent, loyal creature that would do anything for her.

Maybe she thinks you need to shave more often.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

my son drums on things...
                and i scream stop stop that tapping.... gawd..
                sometimes i think i will go insane...
                oh well .... nevermind im already there

and my daughter sings....
                she sings well and i try to encourage her.
                but sometimes quiet is so nice...
                "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

We got rid of the baby for a night this past weekend. Take a guess what Laura and I looked forward to (and enjoyed) the most:

1. Having wild sex all over the house again...

2. Being able to watch TV with swear words/violence whenever we wanted to (i.e., Buffy)...

3. Sleeping past 7:30am...

Anybody who answers 1 or 2 has no kids. True parents answer #3. We didn't get out of bed until 10:00am and it felt GREAT!

Comment

Farts while sitting on my lap and finds it hilarious.
                    Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

My son loves to play the right-wing redneck. Its cute for a while, but hes beginning to overdo it
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

You want to see "red-neck", Russkie ?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                          My son loves to play the right-wing redneck. Its cute for a while, but hes beginning to overdo it
                          Yeah, I'm trying to teach my daughter to be a Left Wing Peasantâ„¢, but she ain't falling for it. "Daddy, Communism is on the ass-heap of history!" she exclaims, knowing full well that she is mis-pronouncing asheap.

(Actually, no she doesn't. But she will!!!! )

Comment

Working...
                          X