Luna el Salvador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luna el Salvador

A boy travelled through the mountains from Pamplona to Madrid.. It was winter. Snow had begun falling. The bare peaks of the Eneres Mountains were covered with snow. The giants of old that protected the Spanish people for so long against hostile tribes still guarded the plains before Madrid. The path was narrow. Below him, the Rio Taje was running fast through the deep chasm. He halted for a moment. The snow was hindering the sight and the clouds made the path no longer visible. Then, suddenly, unexpected, a cry breasted the air. The boy pressed himself against the cold wall behind him. His mind became filled with terror. Again the cry breasted the air and echoed through the chasm. What caused that cry that sounded so terrible? He had never heard such a sound. An old spirit from the dawn of the world? He had heard tales about it in Pamplona. The old men had told him stories when he was in the inn with his father. He didn't believe in them, but now he doubted. Still frightened he stood up and listed carefully. It was getting darker. Soon the sun would go down behind the clouds and he should have to sleep along the path in the snow. He knew that if I wouldn't walk along, he would die of the cold. No choice was left to him, cry or no cry, he had to go on. Slowly he stepped forward, handling the wall with his hand. Snow crackled under his boots. As sudden as they had come up, the clouds opened and showed him the way down. The last sunbeams lighted the peaks in pink and orange light. The day was at end. Aidun went on in the twilight. Silence fell over the land. The black shapes of the rocks were had to recognize, but Aidun kept on going. The moon rose and softly lit the nightly world. Before him the path bended around a large rock. He passed the rock and saw the moonlit landscape before him. Suddenly he felt a heavy blow against his chest and fell in the snow. He ached in every limb. A small thin spear sticked out of his chest, just under his left shoulder. Horrified he gazed at the thin trail of blood running over his chest into th white snow. He heard footsteps approaching. Three men clad in skins appeared. They talked a bit in an unintelligible language and then bowed over him. Before he knew what was going to happen he lied in the snow, naked and shivering with cold, too weak to even lift op his own body. The snow around was coloured red of the blood. Aidun knew he was going to die. He closed his eyes and opened them again, perhaps for the last time. He was aware that a sharp light was shining upon him. Then he heard a voice. It seemed far away and nearby as well. "Do not fear my son. Thou shalt not die at this cold bare place. Stand up and go on with thy journey, no dangers shall overcome thee for thou art my servant from this moment. Be my priest and tell all thine kindred of what happened to thee. Bring this message to thy king: he shall receive my blessing if he bathes in the river that flows through the city of Madrid. This is thy first task." "How should I call you My lord," Aidun asked in reply and the voice answered: "My name is the almighty. Name me as thou wishes." "Then I'll name thee Luna el Salvador." "So it will be. Go now my son, they are waiting for thee." The sharp light disappeared. In astonishment he looked at his body. The wound had been healed. He stood up en continued his journey to Madrid.

So ends the tale of Aidun Cian the Younger, first priest of Luna el Salvador.
    Last edited by Aidun; January 16, 2003, 12:02.
    "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
    Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

So begins the age of Mysticism in our history.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

What's this Luna? Is he some kind of really powerfull spirit?
      "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
      "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

No he is our most wise God. I've called Him Luna for I believe the moon and the sun are His shining eyes that look down on our world and it was in the moonlight that He first appeared to me.

Aidun Cian the Younger

Priest of Luna el Salvador, the almighty god.
        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

I thought that now that we know Mysticism we have to shave our heads, dress in flowing robes, not eat meat, beat the tambourine, listen to New Age music from the Clannad tribe, run through the streets shouting “Om” or maybe it is “Ñom” in Spanish, and other mystical syllables, be open to channeling the spirits, especially if the spirit’s name is Krishna, and instead of just ordering squid for dinner we had to mystically order the Swimming Inky One.

So what do we do with Mysticism anyway?

Comment

Mysticism is the tech that 'allows' natural gods: the god of the sun, the moon, the forests, the rivers, seas etc. It also 'allows' the basic gods of heaven and hell. Sort of primitive polytheism. Polytheism is the tech which 'allows' other gods in addiation of the natural gods: the god of music, love, trade, etc, mostly non-physical things.
            However: the first monotheistic religion, Judaism, was established in the time mankind believed in natural gods. Compare: the Egyptians, Babylonians, Assyrians and Hittites believed in natural gods and gods of heaven and hell.

Aidun Cian the Younger

First priest of Luna el Salvador, the almighty god

Comment

Senor Aidun, I would advise you to be careful about proclaiming yourself a 'Priest'. Men have been burned for less. IF you believe that you have a special connection to this god of yours, you may come to us and we will determine if such is true, and if it is, then you may be priest. Not before.

Comment

Señor Aidun, if I were you I would get your tambourine out, put on those flowing robes, and start running through the streets of Madrid shouting “Ñom” right now . In Spain, it is safer to be crazy than to be a heretic against the spirits.

Oh yes, I have heard that in the Celtic lands certain men dress only in their trousers and shout “Bleuuuuh-aaaaah!” for some reason. That might work too.

The Esmeralda Pikesfan College of Etiquette has a tambourine if you need to borrow one.
                Last edited by pikesfan; January 16, 2003, 21:33.

Comment

Luna el Salvador has appointed me as his First Priest, no confirmation of that is deeded, Marcos Navarro de Tacticus, unless you want to rival with a god. I shall however come to you so that you can determine I am rightfullly calling myself priest. Let us say: tomorrow night? Please let me know soon.

Aidun Cian the Younger

First Priest of Luna el Salvador, the almighty god.

Comment

Confirmation by the Priesthood is indeed necessary before you can be allowed to proclaim yourself a Priest, as otherwise we would be swamped with opportunists and demon-worshippers masquerading as the agents of legitmiate gods in order to attract followers. If you are in fact a follower of a true god, you will, of course, be confirmed; if not, then you will be burnt at the stake for heresy.

Comment

To Mylord Togas:

Most exalted Lord Togas,

Hereby I officially ask you, in the name of my god Luna el Salvador, the almighty god, to bath in the Rio Taje and so be blessed by my god.
                      I also ask you if we can build a temple for this great god, so that the people of Spain can adore him. We can't expect any mercy from our god if we don't at least honour him.

Aidun Cian the Younger

First Priest of Luna el Salvador, the almighty god

Comment

Assuming that Senor Aidun passes th test, we shall give our blessing to his request; otherwise, it shall be added to the list of charges against him.

Comment

And as for the test itself: Why can't it be done now? There is no reason that I can see why not.

Comment

I understand Marcos Navarro de Tacticus, we have to prevent such charlatans of claiming to be priest and thus betraying the people.
                            I warn you however that if anything happens to me due to your determination, Luna el Salvador shall not be pleased and await a good chance for revenge.

Aidun Cian the Younger

First Priest of Luna el Salvador, the almighty god.

Comment

I have to speak with our God. Please let us do it tonight when the moon is full and he can see us clearly. He shall aid me if I need him and I shall pass the test.
                              I go now, until tonight.

Aidun Cian the Younger,

First Priest of Luna el Salvador, the almighty

Comment

Working...
                              X