Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors with Med Mod II

Hi All,

I have just started looking into the mods you folks have made, and the one that interests me most is Med Mod II. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it running on my Windows ME machine. I have loaded the 1.11 patch, changed SLICDebug to No and used ModSwapper to launch it, but I keep getting errors like:
    Slic Error
    In object GrantEliteUnit, function _PlayerCivilization. Wrong type of argument

and:
    Slic Error
    In object AnnoucnePopBoom, function _HasAdvance. Wrong type of argument

I used the search function and I found examples where people had this error putting an array directly into a function call, not into a variable then passing the variable to the function, but looking at the slic code, this does not seem to be the case.

Any Clues?

OK, OK,

So this time I *really* changed DebugSLIC=No and things actually started working...I swear I dun before it yer honor...

Anyway, the next problem is that the green arrow to move units no longer works. I can right click\move them, but that is going to get old really quick...

Comment

It could be you need to set userprofile.txt to write-protect sometimes, to stop the game changing it back.

Click on the unit, and drag the green bar to the location you want.

Alternatively (and I don't know how stable or otherwise this is), you can go into userprofile.txt again, and change CTP2Mode=Yes to CTP2Mode=No, and use the CtP1 method, with two clicks.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

abit OT but im 99% sure that making all the options (neccessary) in userprofile.txt and many others if neccessary like color00.txt selectable into a small program that starts up before CtP2 does maybe even as part of Modswapper

However im not capable of making such a program, but just incase no one had thought of it already

-James
        Oxygen should be considered a drug
        Tiberian Sun Retro
        My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
        http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

Yes, I worked on that for my HotW mod already (one that would actually replace modswapper). It's on hold now, probably for a long time to come (maybe forever)...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            It's on hold now, probably for a long time to come (maybe forever)...
            If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by porlcass
              Anyway, the next problem is that the green arrow to move units no longer works. I can right click\move them, but that is going to get old really quick...
              Trust me, it gets old very, very, very quickly.

I’ve quickly slapped together a remedy, but I haven’t had time to test it. If, by some unknown quirk, it causes any problems with your game, or sets off a chain of events that will eventually lead to the entire universe collapsing on itself - I’m sorry.

This is what you do:
              1. Backup the files you’ll be replacing.
              2. No really. Back 'em up.
              3. Copy the "MM2_Orders.txt" file to "...\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\"
              4. Copy the "MM2_Goals.txt" and "MM2_Strategies.txt" files to "...\ctp2_data\default\aidata\"
              5. Bob's your uncle.

Have fun. Let me know if it works.
              Attached Files
              If something doesn't feel right, you're not feeling the right thing.

Comment

I have a problem with Med Mod as well

I have Cradle, versions 1.32 to 1.33a in modswapper as well as two Med Mod versions. I can play Cradle no worries except from the usual occasional problem (crashes when saving or ending the turn later in the game).

However, I have never been able play either Med Mods. Everytime I launch, I get error messages and the game shuts down due to an illegal operation. I downloaded everything twice and it still happens.

My question is, is Cradle compatible with Med Mod, ie, is there something in Cradle that might interfere with Med Mod?

Comment

Well from what I understand all the mods are made to work with each other. A lot of effort went to that effect. Are you using modswapper I assume. The only other thing I can think of is the last time I had to download Med Mod, one of the files extracted to the wrong directory, so when I thought it was going to the ctp_data or other directory, it was only going to the main folder. I would check that first, if not that I don't know.

Comment

What kind of errors exactly do you get?

Comment

The errors have varied. Firstly i was getting a "cant find " something in the tech tree.

After I downloaded everything again, the error is now after I start a game. Firstly, as it loads I get an error "cant find Upp178 Tgl" . When I click OK it reverts to desktop with the CTP2 showing on the bottom tool bar of the screen. Press that and CTP2 comes back up again and I can continue. As soon as I build my first city however, I get a distorted city build screen overlayed with part of the city manager screen. The cursor moves but I cant exit the screen, the game locks up.

I then have to Ctrl/alt/del to exit and I am back to just desktop.

I will read the install files readme again and make sure that its going into the correct directory.

Any other ideas?

Comment

StanKarp, remember that you need to load the original game's files back in with modswapper before you load up another mod, IIRC.
                        If you continue to get multiple errors, then most likely you did not have the "use folder names" option checked when you unzipped the mod, and it dumped everything into one folder. The "names" option only appears when using the Classic interface of the new version of Winzip.
                        You can also check the folder you unzipped the mod into to see if it dumped all the hundreds of files in there.

Comment

Originally posted by WesW
                          StanKarp, remember that you need to load the original game's files back in with modswapper before you load up another mod, IIRC.
                          Nah, that was only with the older version of ModSwapper (and/or ModPicker), that problem was solved a long time ago.

Stankarp,
                          If the files are all in the correct folder (which I suspect they are), it would probably be best to completely deinstall and reinstall CtP2. This has been known to fix a lot of problems with installing mods...

Comment

I am beginning to think that some of the files are not unsipping into the correct folders. I have had a look and dont seem to be able to find a lot of the med mod files in any ctp2 folder.

I have a old version of winzip which appears to be unzipping them into the main ctp2 folder but, unlike cradle for example, I cant find a lot of the medmod files.

I'll try to get a later version of winzip and see if that helps as there is no "use folder names option" in mine as far as i can see.

When I finish my current Cradle epic, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling and unzip only med mod and see what happens.

Comment

I am beginning to think that some of the files are not unsipping into the correct folders. I have had a look and dont seem to be able to find a lot of the med mod files in any ctp2 folder.
                              That's what I said. Guarantee that is the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X