No announcement yet.

Call to Power Democracy Game FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the committee never chooses the optimal strategy, rather they choose a strategy by consensus.

I would be willing to wager money on this point

The one thing is that it would have to be two or more despot generals working against the democracy civ. The despots should not fight among themselves. I.E. there primary mission would have to be to beat the demo civ. Under these conditions I am pretty sure the despots would beat the demo civ every time. (assuming they didn't fall asleep waiting for a turn )
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

not even in a real democracy (where your own nation's fate is at stake) do the people make the right choices.
      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

For multiple democivs it would take at least 9 people, 3 per civ. They could alternate who the president was and the other 2 would make up the "commity". Ideally, the number of participates would be around 15. 1 president, 3 senators, and 1 citizen. If we could get more, say around 20, citizens could "immigrate" off to another demociv, provided that civ wants them as a citizen. This could create a problem for their original group as the would be a traitor and give information about current plans and stratagies. If we could have a separte password protected sub-forum for each civ, a person could attempt to infiltrate that forum and act as a spy. Oh the possiblities if we had the people.
        So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

I would like to join such a democracy game
          So if you would ever start, count me in pleaz

thanx
          Johny Cartonny aka Cartoony
          Never argue with an idiot. He'll take you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by checkMate
            Because the committee never chooses the optimal strategy, rather they choose a strategy by consensus.
            Well sure, but as long as the best strategists are posting their ideas properly then that is far more liekyl to be the one chosen, surely... Or are you implying that voting for an option dumbs down every voter?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod
              For multiple democivs it would take at least 9 people, 3 per civ. They could alternate who the president was and the other 2 would make up the "commity". Ideally, the number of participates would be around 15. 1 president, 3 senators, and 1 citizen. If we could get more, say around 20, citizens could "immigrate" off to another demociv, provided that civ wants them as a citizen. This could create a problem for their original group as the would be a traitor and give information about current plans and stratagies. If we could have a separte password protected sub-forum for each civ, a person could attempt to infiltrate that forum and act as a spy. Oh the possiblities if we had the people.
              I'd love to play that game. Sigh, but the people...

Hmm, if everybody who had posted in this thread join, we have approx. 7. We might get someone from the multiplaying forum, so we could have just enough the minimum group of players.
              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Working...
              X