Speaking in Smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking in Smilies

I love the idea of communication through pictograms -- our world's version of hieroglyphs. Recent additions to our on-site library allow us to get beyond the simple " " and " " comments we all use.

In a recent Civ2 succession game, the conversation included a Bloody Monk post re a new plan of attack. I posted the following response:
    --> --> --> --> --> --> --> --> -->
    Rough translation: "Your idea is naughty, perhaps even evil. I like that! Do it now and we'll be very happy. Then we can party until we're buzzed, but good. Then we'll sleep it off."

So what's the most complex (yet understandable) all-smilie message you've ever posted?

Never tried it? Start now! (Limited to the on-Poly library)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well, that was predictable...
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I've once talked with emoticons with GW over MSN, but really, it didn't last for long as more complicated StP issues couldn't be discussed, so we changed back to normal written words. But the idea is still nice, IMO.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Attached Files
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Not surprising. I don't understand most stuff by most poets.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

-Jrabbit--> <--Me

"People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

to Jules for the first multi-smilie attempt.

Comment

How about JR was so he to get some frustration out but the in his pants went;
                        Beside doing himself was kinda like and quite. So he made this thread which made the mods over whether or not to him. So they and decided because this plainly gives BW the chance to even more!
                        The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Nice alternate use of the BW -- though I gather I should be insulted (or perhaps embarrassed) at your insinuation. (I'll admit to )

Skanky, jammin' with smilies.

Comment

What?????*shrugs*
                              The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X