Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlifting artilery?

Howdy.

Before asking my question may I say that this is my very first post on this forum. Thank you.

I have tried airlifting artilery and workers but it wont work. The city has an airport but i dont get the airlift icon. Did I miss that part in the manual or is it something else?

Thanks for the info.

Arty, workers, settlers or leaders/armies cannot be airlifted. Dunno why it's originally this way, but it's easy to mod in airlifting for said units.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Don't you need helicopters to airlift units?
      Or was that just to airlift units to any spot inside the choppers range, not from airport to airport?
      Never noticed the airlift Button at all, so again I've learned some very useful info today

Comment

You can airlift foot units with helos. Paratroopers, infantry, swordsmen and such. Quite usefull in getting defenders in newly, hum, "acquired" cities, with no airport.

Comment

You can airlift foot units with helos. Paratroopers, infantry, swordsmen and such. Quite usefull in getting defenders in newly, hum, "acquired" cities, with no airport. You can airDROP foot units to choppers range with helo, even without airport, which is reguired for paradrops.

Comment

Re: Airlifting artilery?

Originally posted by Daz
            Howdy.

Before asking my question may I say that this is my very first post on this forum. Thank you.
            Welcome!

I have tried airlifting artilery and workers but it wont work. The city has an airport but i dont get the airlift icon. Did I miss that part in the manual or is it something else?

Thanks for the info.
            Any unit should be able to go from airport to airport. If you want to airlift the units you mention with a helo, you need to flag them as "foot units" in the editor (and I would also suggest you flag Leaders, Scouts, Explorers and Settlers while you're at it). They cannot be airlifted using the vanilla rules.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Major Guz
              Don't you need helicopters to airlift units?
              Or was that just to airlift units to any spot inside the choppers range, not from airport to airport?
              Never noticed the airlift Button at all, so again I've learned some very useful info today
              Helicoptors don't actually airlift, they're more of a transport unit. Only Airports/Airbases allow you to airlift.

Comment

try pressing the hotkey for airlift "t"
                Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
                If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
                If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

Maybe someone could mod a heavy lift copter
                  Attached Files
                  One OS to rule them all,
                  One OS to find them,
                  One OS to bring them all
                  and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

That chopper in the moon is lifting a 105mm howitzer. Too light for an ARTILLERY unit (such things are integral within your units).

There has been no evidence of the AI EVER airlifting units.

The 'special' units you cannot airlift would be just another player advantage if you could airlift them. Use your transports instead.

I have personally taken Tanks, Panzers, Modern Armor OFF the airlift list. Really surprised myself too, when I tried to airlift them out of habit. Makes me have to apply extra effort to use those offensive units far from home.

Comment

I have personally taken Tanks, Panzers, Modern Armor OFF the airlift list

this gives units like marines and infantry and extra value too.
                      (and a reason to build them)
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

(alva, I left Mech Infantry ON the airlift list)

Comment

Change that too then
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Re: Airlifting artilery?

Originally posted by Stuie

Any unit should be able to go from airport to airport. If you want to airlift the units you mention with a helo, you need to flag them as "foot units" in the editor (and I would also suggest you flag Leaders, Scouts, Explorers and Settlers while you're at it). They cannot be airlifted using the vanilla rules.
                            Where in the editor would you do the flagging? I click all tabs in vain.

Comment

Working...
                            X