Crap Covers and Re-mixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap Covers and Re-mixes

I don't think I'll mention hip hop again, as the list would be endless, but what would you say are some crappy remixes?

The last one I've heard is a dance cover of Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear The Reaper". How awful. :fingersintheearssmiley:
    www.my-piano.blogspot

One word: Bananarama.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Warning:

You can tell when you are passing a gay club in Manchester as covers are all you will hear. Exceptions: I will survive, and Abba.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

and Its Raining Men?
        (unless they play the awful Geri Halliwell version)
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Have you ever been inside a gay club, Bodders? (Aside from whilst trying to burn one down, of course).

Comment

Went once mistakenly to the Union last year, during the Gay Week. I think I walked out backwards.

Another crap cover, whoever did that I'll Be Missing U.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
              Have you ever been inside a gay club, Bodders?
              I've been inside gay clubs - before my prostate gave out.
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Comment

ah

i liked the puff daddy/faith evans version of i'll be missing you.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I trust you mean "version of every breath you take"?
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

very possibly
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Poor Bodders shows his limited experience of gay culture again- there are plenty of gay clubs/pubs/one nighters that play indie music, handbag house, techno- Popstars, Club V, Duckies, Q and A in Melbourne, just as examples- the stereotype of gay men listening to poor cover versions of songs remixed by Pete Waterman should be consigned to the dustbin of history- along with Doddington's other gay cliches and stereotypes.

Appalling cover versions listened to and bought by heterosexuals (amongst others):

Madonna's American Pie- truly awful.

Kelly Osbourne- Papa Don't Preach- sung and danced in Essex girl stylee, but without the charm.

Paul Dung- Love Will Tear Us Apart- how to defaecate all over an indie classic. A 'white soul' singer who injects not an ounce of feeling into the song.

Soap stars who murder songs in general- Mike Read, Martine McCutcheon, Jason Donovan- the usual suspects.

Football anthems, but also including 'Fog on the Tyne' with contributions by Paul Gascoigne, who as a singer, makes a very good tub of beef dripping.

The Fugees- Killing Me Softly. Why did people buy this in preference to getting Roberta Flack's original? Lassitude? Ignorance? Get Roberta Flack's version, and you also have her stunning rendition of First Time Ever I Saw Your Face on the flip side. Aural nirvana.

Bauhaus- Ziggy Stardust. Wrong Bowie period cover art (it was the Aladdin Sane lightning flash) gives the game away- a clunker. Adds nothing to the original. and worse, might put you off listening to Bowie's music.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

So mb, you don't think it's fun to stay at the YMCA?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

all remixes and covers suck unless done by the original artist.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              So mb, you don't think it's fun to stay at the YMCA?
                              Oh, I do- I love to hang out with all the boys. When I'm not in the Navy, of course. But you know, you just can't stop the music, unless you go west, young man....

I like some avowedly 'gay' songs Dead or Alive's 'That's the Way', Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield's 'What Have I Done', Inner City's 'Good Life'- but just because I'm gay doesn't mean I have to like 'gay' music.

I'm listening to Brian Eno's 'Taking Tyger Mountain By Strategy' as I type, having already listened to Michael Brook's soundtrack music to 'Albino Alligator' and a six track promo c.d. of songs from a Janis Joplin boxed set. Next up- Machine Gun Fellatio and 'Paging Mr Strike'- I heartily recommend their song '(Let Me Be Your) Dirty F@cking Whore' -it's a hoot!
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X