• Show
Clear All

• Inter Site Demo Game Invitation

Hi all, CDgroups Demo Game would like to invite you to join
    us in an inter-site PBEM demo game. Basic rules to be as
    normal demo game with the exact rules to be worked out between
    the sites. We are also sending this invitation to CivFanatics
    and to 1BigCommunity and we would be honoured if you would join
    us in this attempt to make the demo game truly community wide!

We have made a provisional thread to recieve initial responses to this idea at..

InterSite Demo Discussions

Please come join us friends and lets get the demo community to really come together!

/Pres OmniMower of Elucidia
    Last edited by OmniMower; January 4, 2003, 21:49.

Ok had some interest from Apolyton members. You guys reckon you'll be able to get a team together? 1BigCOmmunity are up for it as are we at CDG. would be nice to get the whole community playing this one together.

Kentonio

Comment

Looks cool. I'd definitely join an Apolyton team if one was formed, but I doubt I'd be very active; two demogames is enough for me.

Comment

There's was big talk back in the day before PTW came out about an inter-site demo game.....but ever since the Apolyton demo game splintered off into seperate PTW demo games, then I think the interest was just lost out.

Who knows?

I agree, I'm involved in my own PBEM games, the democracy game and the PTW democracy game. It's alot to catch up on....
        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

We too are caught up in several games right now as are 1BC. The plan is to spend a month or two discussing the rules and making sure everything ready and then play. Hopefully by that time some other stuff will be coming to an end.

Kentonio

Comment

The Apolyton is an intersite demo. It's just that the only other site that was interested was the German site that formed Neu Demogyptia.

I'd be willing to sign up for the new one if we are going to get a group together.

Comment

One of the Issues that had came up during the forming of our PTW Demo Games, was the need for team Forums. This allows us to have private discussions & Plans.

How can this be done between several sites with that in mind?

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

All I can suggest is you ask your forum mod to set up a private forum for your government. This is how we will be doing it at CDG.

Kentonio

Comment

Between the PTW DG and a bunch of other things I'm doing at the moment, you'll have to count me out of this one... sorry. Keep some updates at this site though, if you guys do start something up!

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                    There's was big talk back in the day before PTW came out about an inter-site demo game.....but ever since the Apolyton demo game splintered off into seperate PTW demo games, then I think the interest was just lost out.

Who knows?

I agree, I'm involved in my own PBEM games, the democracy game and the PTW democracy game. It's alot to catch up on....
                    c3dg, PTW demo game, 2 PBEM game, RL. At least its between semesters (winter break). Yet somehow, winter break makes me more busy.
                    :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II

c3dg, PTW demo game, 2 PBEM game, RL. At least its between semesters (winter break). Yet somehow, winter break makes me more busy.
                      I hear ya....for sure.

Meshelic
                      Chairman, Labor Party

Comment

Good news, looks like CFC have enough people interested after all. Naervod has raised around 10 people straight away to play so it looks like they are game on.

Kentonio

Comment

Well, I don't have PTW, so I can't play . If Apolyton joins, I'll lend my membership to the team, but I shouldn't be counted as anything until I have PTW and can serve some function.

-- adaMada
                          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

It is a good idea and I probably would join but with this game and a Hotseat game going on with some friends I am almost civved out. I think that if an Apolyton team had a lot of members we could pull it off but even this game struggles to find officers so I don't think we're ready.
                            For your photo needs:
                            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Well it population shouldn't be a problem, there was HUGE support for the PTW demo game we have going on when it first started, so I'm sure we could get enough people involved.

I for one, am hampered by a few things here and there, but would still love to join.

Setting up a team forum that is private would be no different than when MarkG set up the private forums for OUR teams, it would just be one more forum. No big deal, although I am clueless as to how much work really goes into creating such a thing.

Either way, I'm up for the challenge...

Comment

Working...
                              X