X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Big is Your CtP2 Folder?

Blatently stolen from the Civ2 forum

But a good game none the less...

My CtP2 folder is 727 MB (I think I must have deleted some save games...) , my CtP1 folder is 1 Gig exactly
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Ive got 5 seperate installations of CtP2 (yes i dont like modswapper) but the biggest is only 386Mb, thats the one with all my scenarios on.

...but i dont have the wonder movies installed on any either
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

My CTP1/CTP2 Modding folder is probably about 330 MB due to all the images/mods/sprites I have catalogued.

I also have several loose folders on my hard drive with various files.

Plus the backup set of files I have on my Mac at work, as well as current Cradle files on a work PC when I have to tweak files. (tweaking files using Mac Word causes all kinds of problems)

My gaming folder is 569 MB. Lean and mean...
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

My Activion folder contains 2.72 GB in 23.783 files and 1256 folders. The Activision folder contains my CivCTP and my CTP2 folders plus some mod work folders and two download folders for the CTP database from Apolyton on my hard drive. My CivCTP folder just contains 332 MB in 1673 files in 73 folders. My CTP2 folder contains 0.99 GB in 8582 files in 413 folders. The modwork folder contains 689 MB in 9591 files in 585 folders. The CTP1 download folder contains 53.7 MB in 790 files in 47 folders. The CTP2 download folder contains 687 MB in 2969 files in 124 folders. Well that should be the main part. A lot of data, and I already deleted a lot of old CTP2 savegames.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I bought a new PC 3-4 months ago and installed/downloaded strictly on a need-to-use basis and my total Activision folder size is already 1,13 GB, 840 MB of which is for CtP2, the rest for CtP1.

Next to that I have about 700 MB worth of CtP related files on my Data partition, which includes downloads, modding resources, HTML files, docs, etc, etc. My Archive partition, which is about 600 MB large, is an archive of my old PC's harddrive - I would estimate that about 80% of that is CtP related as well.

And then there's my CD collection of course, I have about 10 CtP related CDs: CtP1, CtP2, backups of each, a couple of CDs from Activision for the A-team work and 3 or 4 data CDs, some of which is a backup of what's already on my harddrive, some of which is original (mostly the stuff from the CtP1 days)...

There's a lot of stuff that I have double (with so much data, having good backups becomes quite important), but when you compensate for that I think I have about 3-4 Gigs of CtP related stuff in my possession (a lot of which is compressed, so uncompressed it would probably be closer to 6 Gig). And on my to-do list is still to burn mirrors of Apolyton's CtP1/2 sections and my personal websites on CD (even though I already have most of those files elsewhere, in a less ordered fashion)...

Yes, I'm sick (and I didn't even mention the Civ3/BotF/EU/etc stuff yet, which I mostly only keep to steal ideas for CtP from )
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot my CD... hehe. +600 meg, though most of that is backup I think.
            Plus I have a jumbled array of pictures, movies and downloads that I haven't sorted yet.

It's all rather shocking really

(BotF?)
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I'm guessing but I think BotF = Birth of the Federation.

I have 460Mb in my Activision folder.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

667 mb exactly
                and plus i've got a few hundreds mb of exe's and zips in a another folder
                ( my biggest game folder got 2.3 gb Baldurs gate SOA and Throne of Bhaal)
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

My CtP2 folder weights 509Mo.

My CtP1 weights 595Mo.

I am ashamed of the total size of the game related folders on my C: and D: drives...

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

well i installed the game on my C: Win98E drive, so i cant see it

when on net, im under the C: Win2kC drive, i'd say it should be around 555Mg

EDIT: is the CtP2 community so bored we need this, why not spend this free time on the Strategy Database

Comment

Its because the oldest CtP2 community members that are still around are largely modders or interested in modding, and everyone knows modders dont know much about strategy.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

lol

so true

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                          I'm guessing but I think BotF = Birth of the Federation.
                          Who would have thought Locutus is playing a Star Trek turn by turn civ like game?

Really surprising, isn't it?
                          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

SD is correct.

Yeah, I guess you never saw that one coming, huh?
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Plus there's a tool that converts BotF units into Civ3 units, and going from Civ3 units to CtP2 units is fairly easy.

(I've only done laser turrets and spy probes so far, but...)

Comment

Working...
                              X