blurry images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blurry images

My game installed and plays well, but when I quit, everything else on my computer is slightly blurry. It this it comes from altering resolution for the game. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

I don't see how the resolution would have anything to do with. It sounds more like your monitor is on it's last legs.

Comment

Your eyes are blurry, from the graphics of the game.
      With PTW, there are new graphics of the terrain.
      Personally, I think the graphics are too bright. So I use another set of the Terrain graphics now (I think the Watercolor Terrain) or the European Terrain (which is darker) to play the game.

If not PTW, and only CIVIII then you are stuck with the graphics. And to me, they were too bright, as in sunlight.

I thought of being Elvis to play the game with Sunglasses, but I usually just try and down the brightness of the screen.

also, Refresh=60 may help, although I like a higher refresh vetical refresh rate for the monitor. I usually use Refresh=85, when playing in 1280 x 960 mode for the game. In 1600 x 1200, I have to use Refresh=60, as that is all my monitor can handle.

That line is used in the Civ3.Ini file (added) or in the ptw.ini file that is used after the first time the game is launched.

Comment

I figured out how to fix my problem.
        Normally my monitor runs at a refresh of 75 hz. The game reset my refresh rate to 60 to play the game, and it stayed there after I stopped playing. I changed the rate back manually, then added the 'refresh=75' to my .ini file.
        Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X