Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feminist Myth

..that women mature quicker than men.

Granted that there are immature people of all ages, but I'm talking in general. Discuss.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

It all depends on ones definition of what maturity is.

Comment

I think that perhaps it's true that women mature before men as long as we're talking about women who are not born in the usa.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I think that perhaps it's true that women mature before men as long as we're talking about women who are not born in the usa.

no comment.

Comment

IMO women, in general, do mature faster than men. Yet, women stop maturing a lot sooner than men do. Thus, men eventually reach a higher level of maturity then women.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

It is true that women do mature faster then men even here in the USA You take a woman and a man the same age in their twenties and the woman will be more mature then the guy.

Men don't catch up to us until their in about their 30's........even then it's debatable
            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

IT has nothing to do with gender, but upbringing.
              eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

those who claim "I am more mature than you" are truly the more immature ones.

Comment

This has nothing to do with feminism. It was noted by child psychologists long before the 2nd wave of feminism began in the 1960s.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Shame on you CG, don't you try to do something about Bods confused and immature view of the world.

Comment

Oh sorry. Having troubles trying to get laid, Bod's?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I don't recall this being a "feminist" myth... I think Boddington's chauvinism is blurring his myths and cliches...

Anyways, I agree with this one anyways. In general, woman are much more mature than men. Look at MTV's Jackass.... all men... look at violent crime and war... sigh..
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                          IT has nothing to do with gender, but upbringing.
                          If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Yes, a thumb up for that is called for. After all, this is somewhat like the debate if blacks and dumber than whites. No matter what the truth is we have to aknowledge that there's great variations in the two populations that wastly exceed the diffrences between the two groups (Also, measuring maturity is even harder than intelligence). From this it's quite possible to claim that something else than gender is the main independent variable to explain maturity at different stages in life.

Comment

Women mature earlier than men as far as physical appearance goes. But anything beyond that? Nah.
                              Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Working...
                              X