1 vs 1 2194 Days Of War Gigamap v0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 vs 1 2194 Days Of War Gigamap v0.8

I have made a few changes to the scenario and I am wondering if anyone wants to play a 1 on 1 Axis vs Allies.

One person would control the Japanese and Axis, and the other would control China, America, Britain and USSR.

I would like to do this instead of making a whole new PBEM, if this sounds good to anyone, respond here...or if we can get enough people, that is fine also, but I am itching for a 1 vs 1 game.

Japanese and Axis -
    China, America, Britain, and USSR -

Pap

Whoa whoa whoa, why don't we just upgrade the two running games to 0.8? The HB game hasn't even started, and in the Apolyton game only one turn was played and I'd gladly replay it. I don't feel like playing out an entire game when I know another version is out.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

I agree with Darius.

Unless is there some reason you want to still test 0.7 Pap? Are there things in 0.7 that are not in 0.8?

Anyway if you want to do this Ill do it with you, with just two of us we could crank out a lot of turns really quick.

Ill AIM you today.
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

The ST Valentines Day massacre begins! (For the Axis I hope!) I can call it that because Pap and I are both Chicago boys!

Pap1723 is the Axis

conmcb25 is the Allies.

First post shortly.

And we are all thinking version 08 is getting close to the final version!

Thanks to Darius, Sas, Choke, Pavlov, and all the other guys who have helped make this a great scenario!

Let Good vs Evil begin!
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

The GOOD Forces of Evil run rampant throughout the world!

In Japan, the code word East Wind, Rain was given and advances were made throughout the Pacific, after a suprise attack at Pearl Harbor that decimated the entire Pacific Fleet.

Cities Taken:
          Guam
          Manila
          Tarakan
          Kuala Lumpur
          Singapore
          Naning
          Wake

German troops continue to advance into Russia, despite the harsh winter.

Cities Taken:
          Novogrod
          Kalinin
          Kharkov
          Sevastopol

Have fun Con!

Pap
          Attached Files

Comment

$hit, nice advance in Russia!

Japan was expected though

Comment

Some Allied Concerns:

Chinese again had to disband a mass transit
              Brits disbanded AA Gun in Dover, and Air Base in Malta
              Soviets had civil disorder in Moscow and Lenningrad.

The turn

Chinese: Several units killed outsdie on Wuhan

USA: Freight to the Aussies; sub sunk SE of Greenland; Moved and built units

Brits: Delievered Frieght to USA, destroyed units west of Alexandria, Destroyed Axis Battleship and troup transport east of Italy.

Soviets: Recaptured Sevastapol. Freight to USA

A small start to the comeback trail!

Pap which units are now airborne? Comando's?
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Commandos are the airborne units.

I'll do my turn either late tonight or tomorrow Con.

Pap

Comment

OK man then Im probally going to bed soon, are you going to be able to play much tomorrow?

Comment

Japan Cities Taken
                    -Palembang
                    -Hohot

Axis Cities Taken
                    -Sevastopol
                    -Rostov

Sorry not much to report.

Pap
                    Attached Files

Comment

Chinese: Moving units and Fortifying positions
                      USA: Building Forces, and sunk a destroyer off the west coast of the USA. I might have got a sub too!
                      Britian: Sunk 2 U-boats one west of England and one north of England.
                      USSR: Destroyed Some of the German Tanks in ROSTOV.
                      Built and Fortified positions. Also sunk a sub just north of Murmansk.

Pap a BIG Question am I as the Soviets supposed to build: (During this time period?)
                      T-43/76 41's
                      KV-1
                      IL-2
                      Pe-2

And if so why does the KV-1 "Heavy Tank" have less firepower and defense than a T-34? I am no tank buff but shouldn't a "heavy Tank" that costs more have higher stat's? If not then what is the point of building them? And why are they in the force pool?

Just a question?

And also dont forget to remind me when I have to run the batch file I believe it is April. And do I run for each Civ or just the Commies?

And it is at the begining of a turn right?

This is fun you need to wake up and play more!

We need to do one on ones more often!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                        Some Allied Concerns:

Chinese again had to disband a mass transit
                        Brits disbanded AA Gun in Dover, and Air Base in Malta
                        Soviets had civil disorder in Moscow and Lenningrad.
                        -Pap I still dont know what to do about the Chinese, Ill ask Yaro.
                        -For the Brit disbanded units why not stick an Industrial Port certainly in Dover and possibly in Malta. Or make all the Malta units at the start "NON" units. Im saying this because realisticaly I believe there could have been an Industrial Port in Dover but I doubt there was in reality enough industry in Malta to support that.
                        -For Moscow and Lenningrad, some other improvement to get out of Disorder? Or is that intentional with the Nazi Hordes at your doorstep?

Comment

"Originally posted by conmcb25;" Pap a BIG Question am I as the Soviets supposed to build: (During this time period?)
                          T-43/76 41's
                          KV-1
                          IL-2
                          Pe-2

And if so why does the KV-1 "Heavy Tank" have less firepower and defense than a T-34? I am no tank buff but shouldn't a "heavy Tank" that costs more have higher stat's? If not then what is the point of building them? And why are they in the force pool?

Pap I answered the first part of my question byt finally looking at the Geocities website. By the way when you get a chance you might want to update the webpage on the Historic Battles server as well.

But Im still wondering about the second part. Why would a "Heavy Tank" has slightly less attack and defense then a T-34 yet cost more?

Again just wondering and again Im no WWII tank expert! Thanks

Comment

According to all the information I have read, the T-34 was a very simple tank, and therefore very simple to build. Even though the different models got better throughout the war, they actually became cheaper.

I should actually make the KV-1 a little better, but I can only raise it's stats a little higher, any ideas??

Pap

Comment

Forces of Evil continue to move throughout the world in their quest for world domination...

Japanese marine forces supported by bombers and ships succesfully attacked and took over Rangoon. Units based there are expected to move north next month to take the city of Mandalay and to cut off the Chinese from the Allies through the Burma Road.

After a massive bombardment of Midway Island from the deck guns of the Battleship Yamato, Imperial Marines stormed the island and defeated the US garrison there. After interrogating some of the survivors, Japanese forces learned that the morale of the soldiers stationed there was at an all time low after the naval bombardment.

In Germany, the Wehrmacht's advance was still slowed by the harsh Russian winter, but it has not stopped them from acheiving multiple victories along the front. After a massive tank battle involving Panzer IV's and Panzer III's, the garrison at Kursk, including 6 divisions of BT-7 tanks, was destroyed and occupied by Axis forces.

The first wave of German tanks has also made it ashore in North Africa, they expect to join the push on Alexandria next month.

Pap
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X