Currency Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency Matters

perhaps we should instead work towards achieving a regional currency?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

sounds like a good idea to me, but it seems like it'd be too complicated given the number of countries involved and the daily changes (i'm assuming it'd be based on current economic status). perhaps a weekly adjustment rather than daily?
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

we'd need a freak with too much time on his hands and a desire to make long lists.

where's darkcloud?

Comment

if you want to volunteer, go right ahead, but i agree with CW, make it weekly so you don't go insane with the slow server over there

Comment

I have an idea

Basically... you use the strength of the economy

e.g: two nations (USD + € for example). their economies are good/goog. This cancels eachother our, thus 1/1

But say two nations (NZD + GBP) are reasonable/strong, thus 1/3

Get it

Comment

For that to work, you'd need to be able to work out how many economy levels there are and what order they go in, and you'd also need to account for the fact that the value of 1 currency unit varies between countries; e.g., in Japan, 1 yen is worth much less than 1 dollar in the US.

Comment

the technical forum should have the list of all the kinds of economy levels in it.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                you'd also need to account for the fact that the value of 1 currency unit varies between countries; e.g., in Japan, 1 yen is worth much less than 1 dollar in the US.
                or drop that part for to keep it simpler

i'm glad i'm not doing this
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I suggest a common currency for the Apolyton region as that would make it easier to keep track with the finances as you wouldn't have to do any coversions and it would boost interregional trading. Well, of course there's ideological differencies, but those could be bridged, All we need to do is to found a central bank and ratify a monetary alliance.

P.S. Yes, I'm back again now.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

However you work it out, let it be known that my economy is: Imploded. This is probably a result of my currency, which happens to be the waffle.
                    Talent Optional

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                      I suggest a common currency for the Apolyton region as that would make it easier to keep track with the finances as you wouldn't have to do any coversions and it would boost interregional trading. Well, of course there's ideological differencies, but those could be bridged, All we need to do is to found a central bank and ratify a monetary alliance.
                      Why would we do that? The only region who has idependant states who has done that is Europe, and that was because A: It would help their economy B: They were loyal to Europe. Note the fact Britain still uses pounds.

However, I believe that if you wish to, make a monetry alliance between some states. However, Pasiphae will remain loyal to the Palus

Comment

i think hand basket is also a setting for economy. i spend half an hour looking through the forum and was only able to browse 10 pages and didn't see anything that would suggest a list of possible settings

Comment

Isn't it 'basket-case', rather than 'hand-basket'?

Comment

EDIT: See below

Comment

The HTML i made the table in didn't go down to well in HTML, so here is a screenshot.

EDIT: Made before Tass' edits... but you get the general idea.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X