The College Bowl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The College Bowl Thread

Well, the Big Ten gets its first bowl win of the season with a Wisconsin upset over #14 Colorado in the Alamo Bowl, 31-28 in overtime. Yee-haw! Go Big Ten!
    Last edited by Jules; December 29, 2002, 12:47.
    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Confound it! I was doing so good in the ESPN Bowl Pick'em until then, too - only missing Tulane's upset in the Hawaii bowl.

Comment

What, nobody's watching any bowl games?

So far a disappointingly lopsided Rose Bowl with Oklahoma beating Washington State 27-7 with five minutes remaining in the 4th. The Big Ten's done pretty well so far though at 4-1. Disappointing loss by Penn State to Auburn in the Citrus Bowl. My brother's supposed to be at the Sugar Bowl tonight so I'll be watching for him.

Comment

Who's your pick for the Cereal Bowl? I think Cornflakes have a good chance this year if their QB doesn't go soggy on them again.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Actually, I'm kinda pulling for Trix this year. That poor rabbit is due for an upset.

Comment

My early pick was Lucky Charms, but after that damn Leprechaun stole their best Running Back it was always gonna be tough for them to generate any yardage on the ground. When they came up against the great defensive line of Muesli (those nuts really fill up the gaps) it was all over.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Michigan-Florida easily the best New Year's game thus far. Big Ten certainly kicking ass this year..
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Woo! Opening kickoff of the Orange Bowl: Iowa runs it back 100 yards for the TD. Let's go Hawkeyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
                  Woo! Opening kickoff of the Orange Bowl: Iowa runs it back 100 yards for the TD. Let's go Hawkeyes!
                  That'll unnerve all those arguing that USC is the best team in the nation, hopefully.

Yesterday's BCS games both stunk (ok, perhaps Ga-FSU was OK). Hopefully the Orange will be a good one. The Fiesty Bowl looks like a blowout in the making.
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Good game so far. Tied 10-10 at the half.

Comment

'SC looks like they're about to pull away... 'Eyes haven't done anything at all offensively. Palmer is making the Heisman people look smart, Banks is making them feel relieved!

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Gah! USC is running away with it now, 31-10 early 4th quarter. Why can't I see a decent bowl game?!

Comment

Decent bowl games, quite often involve miraculous comebacks.

But 90% of the time, it's the Holiday Bowl that produces them.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, ok, I take it back. Wisconsin's upset of Colorado was a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
                              Gah! USC is running away with it now, 31-10 early 4th quarter. Why can't I see a decent bowl game?!
                              Tomorrow's will be decent.

If you like Miami and are sadistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X