SLIC1 x SLIC2: The differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLIC1 x SLIC2: The differences

How diffrent is the Slic of CTP1 from the Slic from CTP2?
    I know it hsa less functions and the trigger (event handler in CTP2) is different. Is there another difference?

-Thanks in advance
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

In comparison to Slic2 Slic1 is not event driven you don't have any events only functions, that reduces the possibilities of Slic1 in comparison to Slic2. You have also different build in variables a lot more, (actual this replace some of the events), and there are I think no arrays. And you have to use message boxes if you want to use something like functions. For further pieces of information you can visit Locutus' Resitance is Futile hompage. And of course visit also the old version.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

SLIC1 is event driven as well. They're not called events but variables like player.beginturn and unit.built are just events in disguise...

Pedrunn,
      Check the website Martin mentioned or the SLIC docs in the CtP1 section for info on SLIC1, for a SLIC2er that should be all the info you need.
      Main difference are in the lack of arrays, user-defined functions (that's what Martin meant with using messageboxes for them instead), database access (UnitDB and stuff) and a whole bunch of functions. Also, as I already said, there are no explicit events, but some variables double for this purpose.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X