Technical Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Problems

Rather then post this in a billion game threads, I thought that I'd post this just the once.

The reason that I'm behind in playing some of my turns is that my MGE CD is broken (literally - it's suddenly developed a crack). I'm going to try the No CD patch, and I'll get back to you all this afternoon.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

That's evil... if it helps you, you can run MGE with the original Civ2, CiC and FW CD's as well...
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

If you've used the 'full install' , it should run with any Civ2 disc. Perhaps you've found a use for your ToT CD at last!
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I was using the ToT CD - I'd patched a copy of ToT to MGE

Thanks a lot Stefan, that works. The only problem is that there's some kind of weird graphics conflict which makes loading the game a major hasstle

I guess that I'll have to hunt down another copy of ToT.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Hell, an original Civ2 disc costs 5 bucks over here, I could use them for coasters!
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
          X