Apolyton Paintball (and extreme sports ) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Paintball (and extreme sports ) Discussion Thread

In a great move of thought, I've brought to the world the idea to get some fellow students together to a game of paintball. I've played once before, had a thrill. ( and made a rather good killing as well. )

Much like almost any other extreme sport ( except all surfing, and mountain climbing ), Israeli paintballing is weak, and lame. There are perhaps 4 or 5 places offering guns for rent, and paint ammo for sale, with varying degrees of crappiness. I wouldn't even mention the fact that there are no commercial retailers of paintball equipment, just those 5 places offering to play paint ball in their playgrounds which are not very large enclosed areas.

In the world, however, Paintball, AFAIK, is considered an extreme sport, and is the fastest growing one taking the third position in popularity.

Do you paintball? Do you do anyother extreme sports? All discussions are apperciated, just don't let it slip into a silly Finno-Westcoast discussion about Snowboarding.
    urgh.NSFW

Yup. I paintball.

I don't try to be one of those sadsacks who go paintballing to "hone their military skills". I go to recreate the last scene of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" in every bout. It's more fun that way.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

paintball rocks. we did it for senior cut day last year
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

"Hone their military skills"... I have nothing against it. I try to use tactics at times, but this game is really not about winning. I won, I lost, and I still had lots of fun. I enjoy the thrill, the action, the adrenaline.

Do you paintball often, Laz?
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Two or three times a year for the last ten years.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

How the hell did I get a pop-up of paintball resources?

Yes I used to paintball quite a bit.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
              "Hone their military skills"... I have nothing against it. I try to use tactics at times, but this game is really not about winning. I won, I lost, and I still had lots of fun. I enjoy the thrill, the action, the adrenaline.
              I always thought it was about seeing how many people you could cap in the nads....

Comment

Azazel - great idea. In a country where every security guard is armed to the teeth, and scared ****less, - give people guns that look almost real, and can fire red pain balls.

There should be a law demanding all water and toy guns to be colored in bright cheap colors.

Comment

I paintball. Except instead of paint guns I use an axe and instead of being in a forest it's in my basement

Comment

Originally posted by Gods Pet Monkey

I always thought it was about seeing how many people you could cap in the nads....

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm starting to skydive (extreme enough for ya ) but only had 1 jump so far.

Costs a small fortune, worth every penny No feeling like it!
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Sirotnikov: paintball guns are sports items. When was the last time you have seen a paintballer walking into a department store?

Drogue: skydiving I've wanted to, but didn't had enough cash for a course, So I decided to forfeit it, until I get a decent job. With the instructor it's still going to be fun, but much less so.

Laz: do you own any equipment, and play in the woods? Or do you rent it, and play in enclosed places?
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X