Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Latest version: 1.04

in new thread

To the bottom of this post for attachment download list

Well,
    since both my first thread and now also the second one has passed the 500 posts limit (with good margin) I think it is time for a second thread.

You will need VB runtime to use this utility. You can get the files needed from the linked setup file or the files listed in the readme and in the post.

Version history
    The history is cut down to follow message length limit. Starts with version 1.00. Full history in readme or earlier threads

- SGE: Default loading directory now is the latest played game Civ3/PTW save directory
    - SGE: Great Wonders are now handled correctly when assiging them to cities
    - SGE: Bug where the buildinglist would show more than one copy of each building corrected.
    - SGE: Bug where all last buildings in the rules would get unbuilt when a save was loaded and resaved corrected.
    - SGE: Building count is now updated correctly when editing saves
    - SGE: Unit count is now updated correctly when editing saves
    - SGE: Small Wonders are now handled correctly when assiging them to cities
    - SGE: Changing the Unit coordinates from odd-odd to even-even and vice verse now works as for cities
    - SGE: Bug where the tool crashed when changing tab with invalid coordinates entered corrected.
    - SGE: Typo in invalid coordinates popup message corrected
    - Map converter: The welcome message now names the tool correctly
    - SGE: Bug that made citizens unmoveable corrected.
    - SGE: AI strastegies counts are now updated correctly in saves.
    - SGE: Army count is now updated correctly in saves
    - SGE: Saves with Victory Points are now loadable
    - SGE: Victory Points added to the SGE histograph
    - StartLocation data is no longer lost when editing a BIC/BIX
    - Corrected some translations problems
    - Language module extended to support inclution of other language files than the current. (It can be used to fill up with default strings if a translation is missing some)
    - SGE: PTW Turn limit is now correctly handled.
    - SGE: PTW Victory Pint limit added among with estimation of when it will be reached by the current Victory Location holders.
    - SGE: The citycounters are now updated correctly.
    - SGE: Optimized saving a little.
    - Enabled minimize for map converter and unit wizard
    - Added option to get back to the main menu when closing a tool
    - Mainmenu change to center screen
    - Bug with scenarios without spaceships corrected
    - UCW: Added support for scenario search folders and #ANIMNAME civilopediicon entries
    - Compatibility issues with early versions of PTW corrected
    - Optimized maploading in saves.
    - Added all icons to c3mt.dll to make all icons useable by shortcuts (VB doesn't give you more than the default icon to choose from)
    - Added versioninfo to c3mt.dll
    - Icons are now loaded at runtime from c3mt.dll => dialogicons are in correct size
    - All icons except the mainicon removed from the exe.
    - Added icon to Mapconverter
    - SGE: Added Diplomacy Tab
    - New Tool member: Civilization Diplomacy Data editor. Allows you to edit CDD files used by CDT to set up initial diplomacy in a first turn save
    - Renamed the UNUSED flag to Flag Unit as that's what it's used for now
    - UCW: Added AI strategy Flag Unit (how could I miss that one before?)
    - SGE: Added Ctrl+L shorcut for Load and Ctrl+S shorcut for save.
    - Unit Organizer: Flag Unit, Captured pop Unit and units place in a scenario will now be updated correctly if the IDs change.
    - Bug with loading of BIX version 11.10 with maps corrected.
    - SGE: "File Not found" error on SGE load where Civilization3.ini is missing while ptw is installed (i.e never run Civ3 but have run PTW) corrected.

- SGE: Added option to update unit sight on save (defaults to on).
    - SGE: Added command button to Map tab for update of unit sight if the auto-update is disabled.
    - SGE: Now recalculates the number of cities for each continent and writes the correct data for that into the save.
    - SGE: Optimized recount functions for units and buildings.
    - SGE: Subscript out of range error on save with versions of Civ3 before the BIC was embeded in the save corrected.
    - SGE: Added map summary similar to the one in the Civ2 Map Converter to the map tab
    - Map Converter: Changed summary to use tabs at terrain specifications.
    - SGE: Bug where games with more than one colony corrupted on some operating systems corrected.
    - SGE: Bug where games with more than one victory location corrupted on some operating systems corrected.
    - CT: Changed the Unit Organizer into a rules organizer for units, builings and resources.
    - Timeout of ten seconds added to the version check.

- SGE: Corrected bug where the tool would think that you tried to move a wonder by having it selected and making any update operation (save/change selected city)
    - Adds support for PTW 1.27f (BIX 11.19)
    - SGE: Bug where the tool would freeze on save load in some rare cases corrected.
    - SGE: Corrected bug from v1.01 where various generic settings of the games (as science progress and wonder allocation) were corrupted on saving.
    - SGE: Citycounting bug where the number of cities reported would be X times to big where X is the number of players in the game plus barbarians.
    - SGE: Added option to not remove resources not replaced by other resources during mapimport.
    - SGE: Corrected bug where the game would ask you to move the Barbarian Capital to the selected city on map import if the selected city is the first city in the game.
    - SGE: Corrected a subscript out of range bug when the game fails to select a citizen in the city list when the cities tab is selected.
    - Added some more errorhandling and logging. (There is still mush to be done on this point)

- Splashscreen fixed to not resize if the fontsize setting in Windows is changed.
    - CDDEDT: Corrected file not found error on load when either civilization3.ini or ptw.ini isn't present while PTW is installed.
    - CDDEDT: CDD version changed to 2
    - CDDEDT: Added contact info to CDD files
    - CDDEDT: Added refuse contact for X turns to CDD files
    - CDDEDT: Added war weariness to CDD files
    - SGE: Added war weariness to diplomacy tab
    - SGE: Added refuse contact time to diplomacy tab
    - UCW: Adjusted to work correctly with other than Small Fonts in Windows
    - MPCNV: Adjusted to work correctly with other than Small Fonts in Windows
    - Added some more errorhandling and logging. (still more to do)

Note: v1.03 has been tested with Civ3:PlayTheWorld. However, only a very limited testing (default rules) have been made.

Download a full version (1.02) 2.3 MB (you need to patch it to 1.03 using the zip attached to this post)

Download the latest small version attached to this post (requires that you have at least 0.98 working)

Language packs
    Finnish by Basher (for v1.01)

For the copytool to be able to copy buildings correctly you will also need a fixed "buildings-small.pcx". The original had an offset error. It can be downloaded here (NON-PTW only)

For all that have problem with unexpected errors or missing OCX:
    These are the OCX-file used right now. Extract the cab and right click on the inf and select install. (Or use the FULL install)

v0.97 was downloaded 953 times.
    v0.98 was downloaded 2930 times!
    v0.99 was doenloaded 55 times.
    v0.99.1 was downloaded 332 times.
    v1.00 was downloaded 55 times.
    v1.00.0001 was downloaded 381 times.
    v1.01 was downloaded 513 times
    v1.02 was downloaded 50 times
    v1.03 was downloaded 1209 times.
    Last edited by Gramphos; October 31, 2003, 04:25.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

So, here for the launch of the next multi tool thread. Still no support for PTW saves, but many more features for the SGE. I figured it was better to release this now then to wait to be able to make it work with PTW.

Comment

Language pack

There are no 100% uptodate translations of 0.98, as it was finished today, and no earlier complied version for translators has existed.

However I've cut and pasted in english strings where there aren new strings in the language files for Finnish, Polish and German, and these files are in this zip.
      Attached Files

Comment

So, how's the UCW coming along?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
          So, how's the UCW coming along?
          It shall now load the PTW rules if you select to create a .bix files. However it is still not working with scenario search path, or other files path from the PTW directory, which means that it will edit mosly Civ3 files. As I'm not 100% sure of how the filestructure in PTW is working i decided to wait with trying to implement that. For the animation names I also have to solve that later.

It was either to do that after 0.98 or have to wait with 0.98 at least till after Christmas.

Comment

Updated Polish language file. 100% Polish.
            Attached Files

Comment

helppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

when i try to use save game edit i get error subscript out of range rhen it freezes up so i can't get out unless i use alt ctrl del
              subscript out of range subscript out of range subscript out of range subscript out of range subscript out of range
              F.F G.LUTZ

Comment

Change your language to English (default) and see if that hepls.

Comment

Otherwise descripbe the error more. (When does it appear? Are you loading a file from a version of Civ3? Do you just start the SGE and it comes directly?)

Comment

it happens when i load saved game from civ 3
                    where could find english patch so i can download it?
                    just to make sure it is prob best way
                    F.F G.LUTZ

Comment

it is on emglish default
                      F.F G.LUTZ

Comment

What Civ3 version did you have?

Comment

the neweats one .98
                          but when i downloaded the older one it work but then didn't then it worked again the older one that is and vis versa fgure that one out defiently tricky thanks for trying to help
                          F.F G.LUTZ

Comment

Civ3 version. Not C3MT version.

Comment

I used the .98 UCW, but the bix generates illegal errors and shuts down as it's opening (just like I described before). And in Settings, the option to automatically make a backup is reversed. So ticking "automatically backup edited files" is like unticking it and vice versa. That means I have to mod everything all over again from scratch!
                              Up the Irons!
                              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                              Odysseus and the March of Time
                              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
                              X