Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you mean CPT or to you mean your CMT?
    and what do you mean with base units?
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
      do you mean CPT or to you mean your CMT?
      and what do you mean with base units?
      I mean I can upgrade CPT, as it uses parts of the save that is not very large changes too, I just don't think it's needed. However too upgrade C3MT I'll need those saves using other time settings. The base unit of time can be set in scenarioproperties to either years (default) months or weeks.
      Attached Files
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I think I'll be able to get a new version of C3MT with unfinished support for PTW in it ready soon, however I still need to do some more testings of other changhes and see if I shall revert one change or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          I think I'll be able to get a new version of C3MT with unfinished support for PTW in it ready soon, however I still need to do some more testings of other changhes and see if I shall revert one change or not.
          Don't make us wait until Christmas.
          You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

- Bug with MAP-data for BIXfiles corrected. Note: Earlier corrupted files can NOT be loaded or corrected. If you really need to correct a file I have to do it myself.
            - SGE: Playerspecific Difficultylevels can now be changed. (These affect for example the citizens born content)
            - SGE: A Civilization's governments can now be edited.
            - SGE: The remaining transition time can now be edited
            - SGE: Mobilization setting can now be edited
            - SGE: Beaker estimation now gets same result when you select a Civ as when you set the tech to research.
            - SGE: PTW saves shall now be editable in untested features mode
            - Optimized the handling of PCX-files a bit.
            - Speeded up decompression by using a dll instead of an exe
            - Bug with CopyTool mapstats causing the tool to crash if map-only big were used corrected.

Other then that I shall tell you that the changes under the hod are more, and that there are a few things still waiting to be finished for the next release, but I decided to release this untested version with some PTW saves support rather then have you wait two more weeks for a feature not related to the PTW upgrade, but to the general program.

Note: 0.98 stays the version the updater tells you about.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, man. Sounds promising.

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Now, the thing that scenario makes would reallly enjoy having would be saved games editor which would allow DIPLOMACY editing (for PtW of course).

Comment

for scenarios you wouldn't want a save game editor, but a bix-editor. and i don't know if there is a functioning DIPL part. in fact i doubt it, because otherwise it wouldn't be so hard for firaxis to extend the editor in a patch...

but if god... uh gramphos () does it for the SGE, it still would be great

Comment

At this point (1.14) BIX files have no support for starting diplomacy (so BIX editor would not help), while saves do.

So technicly only way to place starting diplomacy is to place it in saved game.

Comment

which makes you have to limit your scenarios to a few participants and make a savegame for each playable civ ==> solveable, but inconvenient

Comment

true

At least until Firaxis does something to fix that.

Comment

Have there been any errors with that version and default rules PTW games?

Comment

bug report on PTW saves

I really appreciate your work on this program.

I am getting an error message when I try to run the SGE on a PTW saved game.

I have checked the box to allow untested features.

I click on the Savegame editor. It comes up, and I click on Load to pull up the saved game. When I choose a saved game, I get the following error window:

Unknown Version

When I click on the Okay button, I get a second pop-up error:

Error while listing levels: object variable or With block variable not set.

In the C3MT.LOG file, I find the error:
                            Bad file name or number (52) at Startup.

I am running Windows XP Pro.
                            PTW v. 1.14f (I think....whatever the most recent before 1.21)

I installed the full download for CMT, it was .96.
                            I then copied over the update for .98.1 (though it calls itself .98)

Is there a solution to this that will allow the SGE to work with PTW files?

Again, thanks for all your hard work on this program.
                            Question Authority.......with mime...

Comment

It shall not call itself anyting but 0.98.1. Note that it isn't the file in the first post but the one in my post earlier in this thread.

Does anyone else have similar problems?

Comment

Oh, and if this PTW functionallity turns out to work I might actally be able to extend the MT with yet another family member for the next version. (It's been under constructioon for a long while, and the enginee of the converter is almost fully functional now. However I still need a UI)

Have taken the UCW interface and started cleared it out creating a new wizard form it for map converting. Note that this image is just about 5 minutes in to the UI development, but I don't think I'll work on it more right now... First I need to know if it's how you want it, or if you want anything else. Also the options viewn in the screen needs to be taken in concideration. Are any more options needed, or are they fine as they are written now (None of them work yet, as I haven't connected it to the actual conversion code.)?

I'm going on a vacation for about a week now, and I'm not gotin to work on this more before after that, and after some other programming work stacking up in front of me.

As I've said I've had C3MT on low priority for long time development for a while, and this new tool part is a perfect example of things I've been working with now ande then, when I'm not diggin into the save format or playing the game.

And finally: The mapconverter weas made possible thanks to Jorrit Vermeiren decoding of MP files
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X