Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not yet, and will not be before I get my hands on some specific saves, or can create them myself. (i.e can buy PTW myself)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      It's not yet, and will not be before I get my hands on some specific saves, or can create them myself. (i.e can buy PTW myself)
      Ah, well, I eagerly await the day... merci...
      You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

@grampos:
        do you need ptw-saves? you could be sent some :-)
        Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

i think he'd prefer a version of PTW instead of the saves

how about a money collection: "bread for the world and play the world for gramphos"?
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I'll contribute some money.

All I have to do is stop playing Civ for a few hours and go to work instead...

Comment

so he accepts bribing? how disappointing :-(
              Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

Originally posted by disorganizer
                so he accepts bribing? how disappointing :-(
                I'm a desperate man. I'll find Gramphos' house and firebomb it unless he makes the MultiTool for PTW. I >really< want it, dammit.

...um, you know, of course I won't firebomb anyone's house... but I'm serious, I'll send you a $15 check Gramphos. Make this utility. Soon.

Comment

Thre will be PTW support in time. It's just that C3MT is currently one of three projects going on, but C3MT is the only public project, and it's also he biggest project. however I can't spend all my timo on it, and right now my time home is very limited. I'll be lining in tents most of the time until April, and in the time I can only access my compuer, with Visual Basic on it in some weekends.

But It's average every second weekend, might be shorter some times, and longer some other times.

Comment

Hi.

I apologize for this seemingly pointless post. The reason for it is that I was magically de-subscribed from this thread (and every other thread I belonged) for some reason, and I want to "stay tuned" to any developments in the making of this utility.

So, please forgive this off-topic message, which is only here to make sure I am subscribed. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth
                      Hi.

I apologize for this seemingly pointless post. The reason for it is that I was magically de-subscribed from this thread (and every other thread I belonged) for some reason, and I want to "stay tuned" to any developments in the making of this utility.

So, please forgive this off-topic message, which is only here to make sure I am subscribed. Have a nice day.
                      At the top of each page is a "Subscribe To This Forum" or "Receive Updates To This Thread" button -- it might save you some time.

Abraxas,

Oz
                      ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Viktor, the fact that so many people want a PTW version, and the fact that nobody except you is working on it says something good about your talent and dedication. I have hacked around with the save files and I don't think it's easy.

I think I can speak for many of us when I say that you have done excellent work in the past and I hope you can find time to continue.

I wish you happy tenting.

Comment

Hi all. I'm new to Apolyton but I have been working on a program to edit just the civilopedia. View the forum at CDG

I am making my way through the threads here at Apolyton and I can't seem to find anything about how to read .bic files into a program. My program will display the icons and requirement, etc , the same as the civilopedia in the game. I need to know if reading .bic files has been discussed before.

Also, this program is not meant as a threat to Gramphos' project. I started this before I knew about his program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

* Edit *
                          I have found the thread which details the BIC format but i can't figure out how to read it. It looks really wierd in wordpad and winhex is no better. Also the file is not compressed. Thanks again
                          Last edited by wespleaz; February 3, 2003, 08:09.

Comment

maybe you might want to release your source code.

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            Thre will be PTW support in time. It's just that C3MT is currently one of three projects going on, but C3MT is the only public project, and it's also he biggest project. however I can't spend all my timo on it, and right now my time home is very limited. I'll be lining in tents most of the time until April, and in the time I can only access my compuer, with Visual Basic on it in some weekends.

But It's average every second weekend, might be shorter some times, and longer some other times.

Comment

i doubt it. would you give away your "baby"?

the placement tool only has been released recently and that's obsolete by now.

but ofcourse i'd favour the release of the source code
                              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                                the placement tool only has been released recently and that's obsolete by now.
                                I can update CPT to work with PTW in no time as it doesn't use dates. I still need saves with other baseunits, and other start and stop times from PTW. If anyone could supply me with them I'd be greatful.

Comment

Working...
                                X