Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oki.

Oh, and you can use the UCW with bix-files as long as they doesn't hold any map data.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Perhaps a little follow-up: the only options I can use without crashing are "Exit" and "About" although the last one sucks a little, too, as it shows no "close" field and the whole thing can only be terminated by calling the "Task Manager".

greetings
      Gerald

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
        asmodean: i had that problem too, but noticed that it only happens sometimes, when the AI had 0 of those units after the deletion, but >0 before.

i reckon it has something to do with the unit counter...
        Thanks, Sabrewolf. Sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by gerald1
          Perhaps a little follow-up: the only options I can use without crashing are "Exit" and "About" although the last one sucks a little, too, as it shows no "close" field and the whole thing can only be terminated by calling the "Task Manager".

greetings
          Gerald
          About is closed by clicking anywhare (but on a link) in the about box.

Comment

hi,

Someone stated in this thread earlier that you could choose to decompress the save with savexpnd which comes with the multitool package, but no matter what i try it wont work!!

Can i edit ptw singleplayer saves with multitool already ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Seesjuh
              hi,

Someone stated in this thread earlier that you could choose to decompress the save with savexpnd which comes with the multitool package, but no matter what i try it wont work!!
              savexpnd "file1.xxx" "file2.xxx"

You have to enclose the file names in ""s!!!!

savexpnd file1.xxx file2.xxx won't work.

[SIZE=1]

Can i edit ptw singleplayer saves with multitool already ?

Cheers
              No, not yet. I think it might take longer than people think.

Comment

Could you make something that can edit PtW saves?

Comment

@sumthinelse : thanks dude ! that indeed helped but now im staring at all this info in my hexeditor.

I downloaded the BIC fileformat as a reference only to find out that its completely different.
                  So does anyone have a reference to how the sav file format works ?!

Thanks a lot, or gramphos , do you have some beta version with PTW support !
                  I desperatly want to edit my savegame

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Seesjuh
                    @sumthinelse : thanks dude ! that indeed helped but now im staring at all this info in my hexeditor.

I downloaded the BIC fileformat as a reference only to find out that its completely different.
                    So does anyone have a reference to how the sav file format works ?!
                    Where did you download the .bix file format from?

Gramphos will figure out the file format eventually but I think it will take a while...

Comment

I know most of the .BIX format, but I still need to test more before posting it.

Regarding PTW saves it will just have to take a little longer. I still don't have PTW, and there are so many things I'm unsure of that I don't even want to try to make a version for editing what I know so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                        I know most of the .BIX format, but I still need to test more before posting it.

Regarding PTW saves it will just have to take a little longer. I still don't have PTW, and there are so many things I'm unsure of that I don't even want to try to make a version for editing what I know so far.
                        I thought he said he got the .bix format (from where?) but wanted to know the structure of a saved game in PTW.

Comment

There are still many gaps in the save game format, and also some differences between PTW and 1.29f saves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                            There are still many gaps in the save game format, and also some differences between PTW and 1.29f saves.
                            Yes, and you are a brave man to try to work with it....

Comment

I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work on your program. It is by far the best that I have seen.

So Thank You very much and keep up the hard work.

Comment

Please forgive my idiotic post, but how can I get CMT to work with PTW?

Please help this humble idiot...
                                You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

Working...
                                X