Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Dated Outside Your Ethinic Group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Dated Outside Your Ethinic Group?

My town being a college town, you see a lot of combinations going on but in my home town with a whopping population of 2500 there isnt as much mixing. To be fair there is only one black family that lives there and then there are the extremely nice people from India. Their son goes to college here and their daugther is gorgeous, but young.

Anyway getting back on topic. There seems to be rules about which people can be with who. I myself have noticed a particular weekness for Asian women and Hispanic women. Of course I ended up getting engaged to a woman from Ireland

what are your thoughts and observances?
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

I've never done it myself, but I noticed that it was more common at University than I would have expected. At least among young educated people there does not appear to be any stigma attached to mixed-race relationships (in my experience), which can only be a good thing.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

My girlfriend is hispanic.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Have You Ever Dated Outside Your Ethinic Group?

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
          My girlfriend is hispanic.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

I like that smiley but I've never found an excuse to use it.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Several times. My current girlfriend (who I've lived with for almost 2 years) is ethnically Chinese, but born and raised in Honduras. Her first language is Spanish, second is Chinese (although she's not fluent) and third is English, but she doesn't speak with an accent (went to university in the US). How's that for a mix?
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

We have so small ethnic minorities... I'd like to, if I got the chance.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

wow kontiki, thats impressive

and no, ive hardly dated at all, much less outside my ethnic group...

Comment

I am, as are many Americans, of mixed European decent, and my older brother is engaged to a beautiful woman of French/Vietnamese ancestry. They make a wonderful couple, having been going out for 2 years now. She had been married briefly once before with a man of Native American/Anglo decent and had a child with him (the kids nice, but kinda weird...).
                    But anyway, mixed relationships, especially in my area, are quite common. I think the mixing of ethnicities is great myself, tho, I find to me most other races generally seem less attractive for sme reason, i dunno why. its just my personal taste, i suppose.

Kman
                    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I think most people know about my relationship. Bunnygrrl wasn't the first person outside my ethnic group I dated, however. I've also dated a Jew, two Arabs, and another Black woman.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

all the time.

hey I like long straight dark hair. Many other ethnic gropus offer that.

Comment

I dated an Indian girl once. Her parents did not approve, though.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I was supposed to go on a date with an Indian girl, but she got sick that week, and then went back to India for the holidays. When she came back she was engaged. Man was I pissed.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Dating? What's that?
                              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                              X