Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 13 year old girl be a lesbian- and if so, should she go to gym class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a 13 year old girl be a lesbian- and if so, should she go to gym class?

It seems like a young age to be sure of your sexuality. Hell even at that age I probably wasn't even sure I was a heterosexual.

In any case when this girl was in the 8th grade (It is possible she was 14 at the time, many 8th graders are 13 though), she was not allowed to go to gym class because of her sexual orientation made the other students uncomfortable.

And in my quest to provide silly polls, I shall think of one...

... edit: The poll centers around lesbians since girls mature faster than boys and it wouldn't be right to lump them together at that age.
    Yes it is possible to be sure of your sexual orientation at that age
    29.23%
    no it is not possible to be sure of your sexual orientation at that age
    11.54%
    Yes she should be allowed to go to girl's gym class
    33.85%
    Yes she should be allowed to go to boy's gym class :)
    10.00%
    No she should not go to any gym class if other students are uncomforatable
    3.85%
    She should be expelled
    0.77%
    She should be given demonstations with a banana in order to convert her to a hetero
    10.77%

This thread title made me spit out my sunflower seeds when I read it.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

my job here is done then

Comment

I think I've read several times that people can't be sure about their sexual orientation until they're 19.
        It might change several times before that age.

But why not go to gym? I'm heterosexual, but I've
        been at the gym lessons with girls as well....
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I thinks , he's refering to the dressing room
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I agree that it seems unlikely that someone would be certain of their sexual orientation at that point. It's certainly quite a bit of a slippery slope to say that she shouldn't go to gym class just because her classmates are uncomfortable. This is segregation, pure and simple.
            Heck, most female gym teachers are lesbians! I'm not sure why there is such a conflict over this!
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

The (alleged) reasonable was that other girls were uncomfortable in the locker room changing in front of her and what not.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I thinks , he's refering to the dressing room

I got that.
                But I still don't see the problem.
                Does a lesbian girl look different than a heterosexual girl?
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

No, see the other girls thought the lesbian girl would hit on them.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Heh. Bill O'Reilly was going off the deep end tonight on young women in high school who were "experimenting" with lesbianism by taking their frienships with fellow females, uh, into the romantic realm (it was mutual, of course).

He pretty much linked the decline of Western civilization to "immoral" things like lesbianism (real or "experimental" in high school. At least that was my impression.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

And that is why O'Reilly is a wacko... and also why people watch him.. it's like Jerry Springer, only supposedly 'news'.

Comment

I think there is a real social pressure for girls to be either bi or lesbians in this society right now. Thus creating the "lipstick lesbian" phenomena of girls briefly experimenting with lesbian behaviour in their high school or college years.
                        While I don't think this has any relation to any sort of a decline in morality, this trend is unfortunate in that it creates a breech of trust for hetero males seeking serious romantic relationships. Since they have to be suspicious of what girls their girlfriend are hanging around with, as well as what guys. Creating a two-front war of sorts.
                        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bill O'Reilly ticked me off tonight, and makes me wonder how I can even agree with him the 1 time out of 10 that I do now. Believe it or not, he does make sense once in a blue moon or so.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

You got this from one of those Teen Lesbo websites that spam didn't you?
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                              I think there is a real social pressure for girls to be either bi or lesbians in this society right now. Thus creating the "lipstick lesbian" phenomena of girls briefly experimenting with lesbian behaviour in their high school or college years.
                              While I don't think this has any relation to any sort of a decline in morality, this trend is unfortunate in that it creates a breech of trust for hetero males seeking serious romantic relationships. Since they have to be suspicious of what girls their girlfriend are hanging around with, as well as what guys. Creating a two-front war of sorts.
                              I agree. It's also being seen in males as well, especially in left-wing cliques who, desperate to prove their trendiness through "tolerance" and "individuality", announce that that they are bi.

Pretty pathetic really. You're one or the other.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X