Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 13 year old girl be a lesbian- and if so, should she go to gym class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    What I want to know is how anyone can compare any minute pressure to be bi/lesbian with the enormous pressure not to be...
    where do you feel pressure from?

popular culture
    family (very small for some teens and young adults)
    ferinds

you guys have already said that popular culture promotes women being bi/lez (Boris said that was holidwood)

if all their freinds want them to be, than likely the pressure to be Bi/les is much higher than to only be straight

espcially since almost every guy you meet wants you to mess arround with girls (I know of like 6 guys who don't)

I have seen peer pressure at work with almost everything (drugs, alcohol, ect) and this is the same (At least where I have been as well as where most of my freinds have been)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

And what gives you the impression that the pressure to be bi/lesbian is in anyway comparable to the pressure to be straight?

Hell, virtually everyone under 30 in the entire country uses "gay" as a derrogatory term...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Now that statement is absolutely wrong.... no way... maybe there is a little bit of pressure from some people for women to have sex with other women... but not for guys. Do you have any idea how much crap gay/bi guys get for being who they are?

guys do take more crap, I agree

women take none, or get applauded for it (once more, everywhere I have been)

and about it not happening, ask my brother about it, it does happen

Jon miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I completely agree with monkspider and Jon Miller. Bisexuality is definitely a "hip" thing right now, particularly on college campuses. I'm from the Midwest too, so maybe it's just the region, but I've definitely noticed the same phenomenon.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

guys do take more crap, I agree
            And that I know. Well I told you my experiences.

women take none, or get applauded for it (once more, everywhere I have been)
            Right. How can you say that? Women do take a lot of crap. They take more crap than being applauded for it. I concede they are applauded by some, but are harassed by most.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

If a girl repeatedly has sex with another girl, they must enjoy it. Or perhaps they're just extremely weak-willed.

So what is it, are girls in the midwest all just less afraid to experiment and find out they like it, or are they all just weak-willed popculture pushovers?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Hell, virtually everyone under 30 in the entire country uses "gay" as a derrogatory term...

Including tons of gay people. In that context, the word "gay" has lost most of its sexual connotations. It is possible for one word to be used for more than one meaning, you know.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                  Including tons of gay people. In that context, the word "gay" has lost most of its sexual connotations. It is possible for one word to be used for more than one meaning, you know.
                  I don't know a single gay person who uses the word "gay" as a derrogatory term, unless they're in the closet and trying to hide their sexuality...

But then again, apparently the midwest is a region full of whackos, so I bet every gay guy there calls everything gay...

Comment

And what gives you the impression that the pressure to be bi/lesbian is in anyway comparable to the pressure to be straight?

right, but gay is now almost wholie associated with male homosexuality (And it is actually losing momentum)

I am just talking about what I have seen, in the townss of the Wilammete Valley and in minnesota (particularly at my college), talking to other guys (in real life) told me that it was so other places also

what gives me the impression is all the girls freinds push her towards being bi/lez (mostly bi) and her boyfreind does (besides popular culture, as in movies and the like)

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

If a girl repeatedly has sex with another girl, they must enjoy it. Or perhaps they're just extremely weak-willed.

So what is it, are girls in the midwest all just less afraid to experiment and find out they like it, or are they all just weak-willed popculture pushovers?

What makes you think that these girls continue in gay relationships after their first time? In most cases, they just fool around with another girl once or twice and then go back to being straight while maintaining their "bi" credibility. Very few of these women are truly bisexual; they just want people to think they are.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

what gives me the impression is all the girls freinds push her towards being bi/lez (mostly bi) and her boyfreind does (besides popular culture, as in movies and the like)
                        I don't know what kind of movies you guys watch in the midwest, but out here the vast majority of relationships in movies are strictly boy/girl...

Comment

What makes you think that these girls continue in gay relationships after their first time? In most cases, they just fool around with another girl once or twice and then go back to being straight while maintaining their "bi" credibility. Very few of these women are truly bisexual; they just want people to think they are.

For decades people have experimented with homosexuality in college, it's just that until recent times it's not been okay to talk about it.

People aren't bisexual because it's trendy to do so, some people are CLAIMING to be bisexual because it's trendy to do so in some regions.

Can you guys figure out the difference or do you need some help?

Comment

I do know of girls who have sex with other girls purely because it makes them more popular

a girl I overheard talking was complaining to her freind that she didn't want to have sex with another girl again (I am not sure if she ended up giving in to her boyfreind or not)

you don't seem to recognize the pressure that a SO can give (especially when all your freinds either support you in doing so or pressure you to do so also)

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

But then again, apparently the midwest is a region full of whackos, so I bet every gay guy there calls everything gay...

Oh, so everyone here is whacko because we don't agree with your anecdotal evidence. Typical Asher debating tactic, ignoring all information that disagrees with your point of view.

BTW, you were the one who said "virtually everyone under 30 in the entire country uses "gay" as a derrogatory term..." Certainly "virtually everyone" would include homosexuals, right?
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Oh, so everyone here is whacko because we don't agree with your anecdotal evidence.
                                I didn't say everyone, I just said "full of".
                                And if what you guys are saying is true, most of your female population fall under the "whacko" category for pretending to be bisexual because it's hip.

Typical Asher debating tactic, ignoring all information that disagrees with your point of view.

Typical Drake debating tactic, strawmen all over...

BTW, you were the one who said "virtually everyone under 30 in the entire country uses "gay" as a derrogatory term..." Certainly "virtually everyone" would include homosexuals, right?
                                No, it does not. I didn't say "everyone", I said "virtually everyone" -- the obvious exception is most gay people themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X