Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 13 year old girl be a lesbian- and if so, should she go to gym class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was nothing in the article about her being sexually active. One can be a lesbian without being sexually active, just as one can be straight without being sexually active -- which should go without saying on Apolyton.

I don't disagree with your assessment on its own terms, but I think you're jumping to some pretty big conclusions here. She could just know she's gay. I have lesbian friends who knew that at 13, though most of them didn't get to act on it until college.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

In British society definitely. And I'm not making across-the-board generalisations, I'm saying that it's in certain leftist cliques that this behaviour continues, in order to prove I don't know what.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
        There was nothing in the article about her being sexually active. One can be a lesbian without being sexually active, just as one can be straight without being sexually active -- which should go without saying on Apolyton.

I don't disagree with your assessment on its own terms, but I think you're jumping to some pretty big conclusions here. She could just know she's gay. I have lesbian friends who knew that at 13, though most of them didn't get to act on it until college.
        Yea, I'm working without a net. Seriously though, deciding and announcing that you are gay at that age tends to set off alarm bells for me. That is not only stuff that for the vast majority tends to be figured out later, it is also strange that she has made it public. I admit that I'm totally guessing about this, but they are educated guesses. If it was my daughter I would be very concerned about what was behind her behavior. Being a Jr. High School lesbian could be the very least of her problems.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Somebody said that being bi is a cool thing that society appreicates... no it is not and that I know. Society places a lot of pressure on people to be straight whether they are male or female. People must live up to the ¨norms¨ or they will get pushed around for it.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
            I think I've read several times that people can't be sure about their sexual orientation until they're 19.
            It might change several times before that age.

But why not go to gym? I'm heterosexual, but I've
            been at the gym lessons with girls as well....
            I agree with my fellow dutchman.

It takes all threw our teen years to actually find out what you really are, and until then if you want to experiment bisexually I see no reason why this can't happen at age 13. Why are people stunting this girls sexual developement? Probably because they have issues with their own sexual early teen years (awwww... poor sad pathetic loosers). Only in America. (Ok, maybe Britain).

As for where she should doush, there should be unisex changing rooms, damnit! It's the 21st century afterall. And you don't see gay guys being put in the girls locker room (otherwise I would tell everyone I'm gay ).

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Huh??
              There's social pressure for girls to be bi or lesbians in society?

Just when I thought I'd seen it all.
              Last time I checked, the social pressure was to be straight. You know, what with common sense and all...
              every girl I know has been pressured to have sex with other girls by their boyfriends (or the like) (this includes mom, all sisters, all freinds (who I engage in dicsussions of these sort, some random people I overheard, ect)

numerous girls I know did have sex with other girls purely because guys wanted them to (I overheard them talking)

it is a big phenomenum in highschool and college (and beyond too)

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

every girl I know has been pressured to have sex with other girls by their boyfriends (or the like) (this includes mom, all sisters, all freinds (who I engage in dicsussions of these sort, some random people I overheard, ect)
                Where are you living in? Being bi sucks where ever I have been.

numerous girls I know did have sex with other girls purely because guys wanted them to (I overheard them talking)

Jon Miller
                I highly doubt that... a big phenomenum? The society norm is to be straight. And society puts a huge amount of pressure for both males and females alike to follow that norm. I highly doubt your assertions are true.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Yes, as Jon Miller said, there is much pressure for (straight) females to be bi. (Straight) Guys enjoy that sort of thing.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Jon Miller
                    I think you take it a bit far. There is pressure, ok, but not that much. Peer pressure to join in sexual extravaganzas is part of growing up. If I had a dime for every time some guy/girl pushed me to another sexual preference I would be... well.. more rich than I am now (which is broke )! Anyway, its for girls and guys and its normal, its part of discovering who you are.

Comment

oh, and Fez, being bi doesn't suck in Holland, everything here is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                        oh, and Fez, being bi doesn't suck in Holland, everything here is cool.
                        Well not in places I have lived in, including the US when I was there. As you all know I am bi, and in the school in Ecuador (where I lived before) I got called a *** all the time. (Well it is was an American Private school and nobody actually knew I was bi, but that isn't the point. The point is I haven't been in tolerating atmospheres)
                        Last edited by Giancarlo; December 18, 2002, 10:46.

Comment

"Hi! I'm Stew. Can I buy you a drink?"

"No thanks. I've.....ummm....errrr....suddenly become a lesbian. Yes, that's right. I'm a bushwhacker now."

I think he may have a point.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

as an eighth grader, i have a little different perspective from you all. there is not a single idea in society about how cool being gay/bi is. in my school, the sexual preference of the girls is rarely commented on, but a girl who transfered here said at her old school girls were persecuted as 'lesbos' all the time.

and i do think someone 14 or 15 years old can decide their sexual preference. i am straight and i know it. i have no feelings for guys, and im sure this girl feels the same way.

Comment

Being thought of as gay or lesbian in my middle school and high school was an instance sentence of ostracization, persecution and malicious abuse. There was nothing remotely cool about it. I was certainly gay at that point (I told a friend of my mom's that I had a crush on a guy when I was 7), but the environments in which I existed were so hostile to such a thing that I would not have dared express anything remotely like it. I went to the opposite extreme and expressed borderline homophobia.

There's nothing in any modern society now that would entice a person who is heterosexual to dabble in homosexuality out of "coolness" or peer pressure. The opposite remains true. Even in Holland, I am certain that pressure on a teen from his parents alone would be inhibitive of it. My parents are quite liberal, open-minded people, and I was still terrified of their learning about my sexuality out of fear they would become hostile. Every gay person goes through such thoughts when faced with their loved ones finding out.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Ecuador where I used to live has one of the worst gay rights records in South America. The National Police were not that bad but the Army certainly was. That really sucked because when I was there soldiers were everywhere. If they saw two guys together I wouldn't know what they would do. Probably open fire.

So there is nothing "cool" about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X