loading saved games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading saved games?

being new to this board and, while not new to civilization games, i am new to this ones workings. i seem to be able to save the game, but when i try to load the game back up after a nights rest, it says no such command.... what i get from 'help save' and here on the help files, you type '-f .gz' (.gz because when i type save, it says 'game saved as chris.gz' or somesuch). well seeing that that isnt working and i have scanned thru the other posts and also tryied to open the chat, but cant (i dont have java methinks) i am hoping that this post isnt already on the board.

thnx for any help

edit: also could someone help me out on how to save and load the options i have set? im getting REAL tired of making all the changes each time i start a new game... (being very often hehe)

It sounds to me like you might be better off uninstalling/reinstalling. You should definitely ba able to load a save game, there's an option on the first screen that allows you do that. It should open up with the last game that was saved. Are you saying that it comes up with an error or you don't get the Load Game option?

Also, your options should be saving themselves, or at least most of them. Sounds like something is wrong here to. BTW, do you have PTW or 1.29f, they're a bit different in that dept.

Comment

i have no idea what PTW or 1.29f is, if it is a downloadable update, im going to need to get my brother to do it, i have no idea how this linux setup works... maybe a version #? i think i saw how to see that somewhere, but i dont remember, or if it helps, it came with a recent image file downloaded on a linux page

Comment

It might be that the Linux system is causing your problems, I doubt very much if Civ III was designed for it. You'd probably be better off contacting Infrogrames for help. I don't think you'll find to many people running Linux around here. Though I could be wrong.

And 1.29f is a downloadable updgrade, PTW (Play The World) is the expansion pack.

Comment

ah that explains some things i guess hehe thnx for the help

btw, we are talking about the freeciv program, right? or is that just another name for civ3?

Comment

Originally posted by Waren
            ah that explains some things i guess hehe thnx for the help

btw, we are talking about the freeciv program, right? or is that just another name for civ3?
            No, Freeciv and Civ III are two different things altogether. Since this is a Civ III forum, I presumed that's what you were asking about. Don't have a clue about Freeciv, I've never played it.

Comment

Very funny this misunderstanding (would have fallen for it too. I am sure of that, so I don't make fun of anybody)

Waren: you can find freeciv in the alternative section. Click here for a shortcut to it. Good luck.
              Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Willhem. you need to be more observant. .gz is not a file format of Civ3
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                  Willhem. you need to be more observant. .gz is not a file format of Civ3
                  Yes, I thought of that after he mentioned Freeciv. It didn't quite dawn on me before. Sometimes the obvious escpaes me I'm afraid.

Comment

well i guess that makes even more sence heh
                    dont know how i got here, but it was from the freeciv.org website... oh well i guess, free laughs on me

Comment

Well while you're here, you might as well hang out and learn a few things about Civ III. It's a pretty good game.

Comment

Not if you use Linux...
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                        X